Anti-inflammatory Effects of Extra Virgin Olive Oil - WOW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noboundaries

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2013
Roseville, CA, a suburb of Sacramento
I have lived with major inflammation and agonizing shoulder pain for years. I purchased enough ibuprofen to supply an aircraft carrier, which made me wonder what I was doing to my kidneys.

Last night I saw an ad on YouTube that claimed a ton of "too good to be true" health benefits of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). One statement caught my attention though; the presenter said it had stronger anti-inflammation properties than ibuprofen.

My shoulders were aching and I was only halfway thru the period where I could take another dose of ibuprofen. I jumped up and swallowed a tablespoon of EVOO. 5 minutes later my shoulder pain was reduced by 80%! I slept great and didn't need another dose during the night.

This morning I put the EVOO on my whole grain toast instead of butter, along with some garlic salt. 15 minutes later I was able to easily perform two common tasks that that often had me grunting in agony.

I'm now seriously looking at the Mediterranean diet. If you have any experience of its benefits, please share, but one thing is for sure, EVOO is my new ibuprofen.

Ray

I'm not sure of what is considered excessive amounts, but look up the side effects of olive oil. Gotta weigh the benefits with the sides.

Google search:
  • Acne & Breakouts.
  • Skin Allergies & Rashes.
  • Cardiac Problems.
  • Lowers Blood Pressure.
  • Drops Blood Sugar Levels.
  • Increases Inflammation.
  • Gallstones & Blockages.
  • Gut Problems

Chris

Reactions: noboundaries
Just did a quick search and it seems a safe daily amount is 4 to 5 tablespoons so if 1 is doing the trick then you are fine.

Im gonna give this a shot, i have arthritis in my knee and the humidity around here is killing me. Hell, im willing to try anything.

Corey

I been doing some research on this lately also. I have started only using avocado, olive and butter to cook with. No soybean or corn oils. I'm no scientist, but a diet from the 1950's is much healthier than today. If it is processed, comes in a box (accept beer) it is probably not the best for you.
Good choices for anti-inflammatory oils include olive oil, avocado oil and flaxseed oil.

Hell, im willing to try anything.
That PERFECTLY describes my state of mind last night. After a Tbs last night and one this morning, I feel like my old self. Heck, taking a shower, applying deoderant, and other daily movements I won't mention here, were exercises in pain tolerance.

It may sound like I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. I'm actually shocked at the difference. There is still a little pain, but like a 2 when it was an 8. I often could not raise my arms more than 30°. Last night and today I can easily raise them over my head after the EVOO.

And I wasn't using anything expensive. It was Trader Joe's Premium EVOO, which sells for like $8/liter.

Like Jim said above, if it works, do it. If not, move on.

Ray

Im also amazed at the speed that it seems to work. My doctor gave me some high test voltaren pills when i get a bursitis flair up, but i also take them when my arthritis flairs. Again, like any anti- inflammation med, its hard on your kidneys and liver. Those pills take the better part of an 1½ to even feel like they are working, so to hear the olive oil works in 5 min! Im not gonna lie, im actually feeling kind of like a kid on christmas morning😄.

Im im days off and im down at the shop at the moment, I'll be putting on some ribs for dinner soon so im gonna take a shot of oil while im at the house. Fingers crossed🤞

Corey

Well, its been almost an hr and a half since i took some olive oil and I gotta say, im feeling pretty good. I have done a few sets of stairs in that time that i usually have to bear pretty heavy on the railing to keep the pain at bay, this time I was able to do them without touching the railing. So im gonna say the olive oil is definitely no joke it works. I would say it works as good or better than the ibuprofen in my opinion.

Im gonna keep this up for sure, thanks for the great idea Ray!!!!

Corey

The best marijuana for pain relief is usually high in CBD, as this compound is known to have powerful anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects. Additionally, certain strains of marijuana can be especially beneficial for pain relief, such as Afghan Kush and White Widow.
It also helps me sleep at night and it is legal here in Canada. :)

Reactions: DemonPit
The best marijuana for pain relief is usually high in CBD, as this compound is known to have powerful anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects. Additionally, certain strains of marijuana can be especially beneficial for pain relief, such as Afghan Kush and White Widow.
It also helps me sleep at night and it is legal here in Canada. :)
Delta-8 seems to work wonders for my pain, but for some odd reason I wake up with bloating/stomach upset the next day. It's supposed to do the opposite for the gastro tract.

I have lived with major inflammation and agonizing shoulder pain for years. I purchased enough ibuprofen to supply an aircraft carrier, which made me wonder what I was doing to my kidneys.

Last night I saw an ad on YouTube that claimed a ton of "too good to be true" health benefits of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). One statement caught my attention though; the presenter said it had stronger anti-inflammation properties than ibuprofen.

My shoulders were aching and I was only halfway thru the period where I could take another dose of ibuprofen. I jumped up and swallowed a tablespoon of EVOO. 5 minutes later my shoulder pain was reduced by 80%! I slept great and didn't need another dose during the night.

This morning I put the EVOO on my whole grain toast instead of butter, along with some garlic salt. 15 minutes later I was able to easily perform two common tasks that that often had me grunting in agony.

I'm now seriously looking at the Mediterranean diet. If you have any experience of its benefits, please share, but one thing is for sure, EVOO is my new ibuprofen.

Ray
Your liver is happy about this! Glad it's working for you.

I used to keep pickle juice in my lunch box when working in the heat. Helps with cramps from dehydration .

The best marijuana for pain relief is usually high in CBD, as this compound is known to have powerful anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects.
My wife and I both tried 300mg and 600mg of CBD in coconut oil and that pricy stuff was a waste of our money. No impact on the pain. I think they were $40 and $60 for 1 oz. Still have the bottles. Because they said it could take a week or two of use to feel any change, I felt it was a scam right from the start, but my wife really wanted to help me, so ka-ching.

TJ's EVOO works out to 24 cents an ounce, and it works! (For me and Corey, anyway).

Update: I just did a search about SAGE CBD oil scam. The BBB confirmed it is a scam. Oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBFlyer
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky