Anti-inflammatory Effects of Extra Virgin Olive Oil - WOW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been (and still currently am) a legal marijuana grower, extractor, and processor (since 2008), delta 8, 9, 10 are all synthetic cannanaboids NOT found (in any natural quantity) in flower marijuana. Please ONLY use those cannanaboids in topical or edibles. They are NOT safe for inhalation, as they contain acetate.

I have found 1 strain of thc out of the 60+ I have on hand or grown in the past to help with pain. I use a tincture made from it after a knee surgery yrs back and disnt take a single vicoden. However, I took 30 doses a day at 20mg/dose to achieve this. I have a very high tolerance. I take 150mg/night just to sleep.

I also use this tincture I make to help ppl kick opioid addictions. So far I've've helped 12 of 15 ppl kick the habit.
It has always been my understanding that the regular old THC in weed we smoked was Delta-9 THC. Either way, I don't smoke it, but use Delta-8 gummies my stepson cooks up, but only when push comes to shove, because usually end up with bloating the next day.

Delta 9 is is what we call "normal thc" (the kind that get you high, or psychoactive), as well as a few other naturally occurring cannanaboids found in normal thc strains. Delta 8, is synthesized from cbd in a reactor (a chemical conversion with heat, and time in a special chemistry setup). It's a way to Skirt around the laws and exploit the farm bill act. They are now taking cbd isolate (99.99% pure cbd powder) and chemically altering it to delta 9 under the farm bill protection. It's a shady world now.

I want people to be safe and KNOW where their "medicine" comes from or how it's made.

Reactions: JIMSMOKES
Delta 9 is is what we call "normal thc" (the kind that get you high, or psychoactive), as well as a few other naturally occurring cannanaboids found in normal thc strains. Delta 8, is synthesized from cbd in a reactor (a chemical conversion with heat, and time in a special chemistry setup). It's a way to Skirt around the laws and exploit the farm bill act. They are now taking cbd isolate (99.99% pure cbd powder) and chemically altering it to delta 9 under the farm bill protection. It's a shady world now.

I want people to be safe and KNOW where their "medicine" comes from or how it's made.
I know Delta-8 does naturally occur in hemp, but not in quantities that would be commercially marketable. They do synthesize it and claim it is a natural substance derived from hemp to get around the laws.

When I read "hemp" I see this as hemp made for fiberous materials. Cbd and thc are a little different than "hemp".

I have had 30+ normal thc strains lab tested over the years, and the amount of delta 8 is miniscule. About .05%. Even while doing a short path distillation on thc crude (which I do in a labratory setting), the amount of delta 8 is still negligible and doesn't amount to anything. 1.8mg/g delta 8 per 9400mg/g delta 9. If you show me the coa/lab results of said delta 8 I can show you how it was made (of you have access to said coa and if you like me to).

An ISO-2 alcoholic soxhletter, alcohol, some reagent grade hydrochloric acid, baking soda and activated charcoal will convert and extract delta 9 from delta 8. Is that how they do it?

Last edited:
When I read "hemp" I see this as hemp made for fiberous materials. Cbd and thc are a little different than "hemp".
Kentucky growers grow strains of hemp for fiber, as well as those richer in cannabinoids that get turned into CBD products. The latter is what I was referring to. They still have to remain below the .3% Delta-9 to keep legal (but since a medical marijuana was passed, that may change).

"5 minutes later my shoulder pain was reduced by 80%!"
Understood. The reduction in inflammation was that fast for me, reducing the pain. Pain is how I measured the effectiveness. Ibuprofen takes an hour for me. EVOO impacted my inflammation in five minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: forktender
Thread should probably be locked.
If you want it locked as the original poster just say so... it will happen.

As far as the rest of comments... go back and read the title of this thread! Sounds like a major hijack of this thread... maybe apologize to the OP for acting this way.

CBD and hemp have what to do EVOO and what this thread started as?????

Ryan

As far as the rest of comments... go back and read the title of this thread! Sounds like a major hijack of this thread... maybe apologize to the OP for acting this way.
Guilty as charged, and sorry. I didn't initiate the drift, but did participate in it.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
If you want it locked as the original poster just say so... it will happen.

CBD and hemp have what to do EVOO and what this thread started as?????

Ryan
Thanks, Ryan. No apologies needed from anyone. Self-expression is always welcomed. As far as EVOO working as an anti-inflammatory causing a corresponding reduction in pain, well, that's run its course. Folks with inflammation issues can try it or not.

Go ahead and lock the thread.

Ray

Reactions: Retired Spook
I appreciate all the information shared here. I'm not getting any younger and starting to have some of the same issues. I appreciate hearing some options from people in the real world that might be an option versus just another script from a doctor.

Reactions: noboundaries
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky