An 8lb shoulder, a few chicken thighs, and a 2lb chunk of round steak ( Q-View )-Update

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

benswholehogbbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Clifton, Virginia
So here are a couple shots of what I'm workin' with when I get the pit fired-up in a couple hours ( still waiting for the last wave of bad storms to get outta' here in VA ) -

f77eeb21_04-16-11_1109.jpg

4f445cc0_04-16-11_1415.jpg

A couple pics of the shoulder I picked up yesterday. And below, a shot of the round-steak chunk somebody brought over this afternoon.

More pics to come as the smoke gets-a-goin'.................

aba187a9_04-16-11_1747.jpg

Well, I didn't get the pit fired-up until 3:30 this mornin', and got the shoulder on at about 4am. Here's a pic of the line-up after it was all prepped -

775ebc92_04-16-11_2141.jpg

I'll get a pic of the shoulder up after I open the pit for the first time at about 8am.

BTW, Top O' the Mornin'  !

Well, I've finally got a couple shots of this smoke. The shoulder's been on for a little over 4 hours, and is sitting at 150 right now, and the chunk' o round has been on for about an hour. Come on meats, drink up some of that Cherry / Hickory mix........

20d36d5e_04-17-11_0813.jpg

21204218_04-17-11_0814.jpg

Looking Pretty Good From Here...
Thanks Mr.Pabst, this thing has been doin' some serious stallin' most of the late morning and early afternoon. If it doesn't start gettin' along, it may be a 15 hour job. Oh well, i just cracked my first cold-one. I think I'll make it... 
cheers.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky