AMNS Jumping Rows

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Dec 29, 2009
Savage, MN
Guys,

I came to the conclusion that using a "Foil Tent" during higher temps, to shield drippings from the sawdust, can actually cause the AMNS to jump rows.  The foil acts a reflector, and the heat causes sawdust in the next row to get too hot and combust.

I tested this numerous times with the same results.  With the foil tent closely drapped over the AMNS, the rows jumped every time.  Without the foil tent, the rows did not jump.  I came up with a different version of the foil tent that allows for the heat to escape and still keep the drippings off the sawdust.  (2) 12" pieces of wire and a piece of foil.

Todd

5626080f_DSCF2578.jpg
343d4952_DSCF2579.jpg

a6c89962_DSCF2581.jpg

d9b552a0_DSCF2580.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Todd- Great bikini top - LOL - I thought I was smart just making a big loop with the foil wraped around the feet and about 6" tall

Like yours better

Canopies are for sissies!!!

Use an aluminum pan ......

Great idea Todd!

Craig

It looks like a party boat. All you need is a miniature trailer. Great idea Todd, but like fp I just use an aluminum pan too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky