• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

AMNS Jumping Rows

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Guys,

I came to the conclusion that using a "Foil Tent" during higher temps, to shield drippings from the sawdust, can actually cause the AMNS to jump rows.  The foil acts a reflector, and the heat causes sawdust in the next row to get too hot and combust.

I tested this numerous times with the same results.  With the foil tent closely drapped over the AMNS, the rows jumped every time.  Without the foil tent, the rows did not jump.  I came up with a different version of the foil tent that allows for the heat to escape and still keep the drippings off the sawdust.  (2) 12" pieces of wire and a piece of foil.

Todd

Last edited:

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Do I for-see a new accessory coming to the AMNS line in the near future?

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Bikini Top

TJ

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Those R & D guys are A-MAZE-N.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Nice work Todd- Great bikini top - LOL - I thought I was smart just making a big loop with the foil wraped around the feet and about 6" tall

Like yours better

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Canopies are for sissies!!!

Use an aluminum pan ......

Great idea Todd!

Craig

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
It looks like a party boat. All you need is a miniature trailer. Great idea Todd, but like fp I just use an aluminum pan too.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.