1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Al's Chili

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tjohnson, Feb 27, 2011.

1. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I saw Al's Chili Thread, and decided to make it.

Since I don't care for beans in my chili, this sounded like a great recipe.

The smoked burger and sausage added a very nice flavor,  Only change I made was to add Ground Coriander, Cilantro and an extra can of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.

THANKS AL!

Todd

Ingredients

[​IMG]

Smoked Burger and Hot Italian Sausage Mix

[​IMG]

Finished Chili With Some Dino Bones and a Sam Adams

[​IMG]

2. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

nice looking chili Todd. That does sound like a great recipe thanks AL

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  3. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Nice looking Dinos & Chile, Todd !!!

Thanks for the views!

Bear

4. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looks good Todd!!

Craig

5. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Looks Great Todd, I'll take a case of those Dino Bones, they actually have meat on them, not like the ones we see here...

6. Food looks great...and the Sam Adams what a condiment. Al sent me the recipe.. i'm going to have to try that chili soon.[​IMG]

7. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I so have to stop looking before dinner, That looks great

8. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks great Todd. I have a batch going right now. Should be done in about an hour!

9. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I guess I will have to look for this chili recipe.

10. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Todd that looks great and those must be Dino's you were braggin about last nite. Now I see why - Like I mentioned last nite some dry ice would get a batch of the Dino's out here too [​IMG]

11. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I just got the recipe. I can't wait to try the chili. Is it as awesome as it sounds?

12. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ross,

Best chili I ever made!

Good heat and great flavors.  The smoked sausage and burger really made the difference.

Todd

13. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I see why Al won 3rd place. It is a fantastic tasting chili. I had some after cooking, and although it was a bit rough, all the flavours were there, just not quite all together. I see why Al said to let it sit for a day and then reheat. Then again, the brands I used are different from Al's so that might make a difference.

Nonetheless, IT IS A FANTASTIC CHILI..... YOU MUST TRY IT!!!!!

14. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Todd the chili looks great. I think the idea of mixing the sausage & ground beef together before smoking is an excellent one. I am going to do that next time I make the chili. Thanks.