• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Al's Chili

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
I saw Al's Chili Thread, and decided to make it.

Since I don't care for beans in my chili, this sounded like a great recipe.

The smoked burger and sausage added a very nice flavor,  Only change I made was to add Ground Coriander, Cilantro and an extra can of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.

THANKS AL!

Todd

Ingredients

Smoked Burger and Hot Italian Sausage Mix

Finished Chili With Some Dino Bones and a Sam Adams

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 31, 2010
nice looking chili Todd. That does sound like a great recipe thanks AL

Last edited:

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Nice looking Dinos & Chile, Todd !!!

Thanks for the views!

Bear

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Looks Great Todd, I'll take a case of those Dino Bones, they actually have meat on them, not like the ones we see here...

gotarace

Limited Mod
Joined Jan 27, 2011
Food looks great...and the Sam Adams what a condiment. Al sent me the recipe.. i'm going to have to try that chili soon.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
I so have to stop looking before dinner, That looks great

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Looks great Todd. I have a batch going right now. Should be done in about an hour!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Todd that looks great and those must be Dino's you were braggin about last nite. Now I see why - Like I mentioned last nite some dry ice would get a batch of the Dino's out here too

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
I just got the recipe. I can't wait to try the chili. Is it as awesome as it sounds?

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Ross,

Best chili I ever made!

Good heat and great flavors.  The smoked sausage and burger really made the difference.

Todd

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
I see why Al won 3rd place. It is a fantastic tasting chili. I had some after cooking, and although it was a bit rough, all the flavours were there, just not quite all together. I see why Al said to let it sit for a day and then reheat. Then again, the brands I used are different from Al's so that might make a difference.

Nonetheless, IT IS A FANTASTIC CHILI..... YOU MUST TRY IT!!!!!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Todd the chili looks great. I think the idea of mixing the sausage & ground beef together before smoking is an excellent one. I am going to do that next time I make the chili. Thanks.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.