Al's Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Dec 29, 2009
Savage, MN
I saw Al's Chili Thread, and decided to make it.

Since I don't care for beans in my chili, this sounded like a great recipe.

The smoked burger and sausage added a very nice flavor,  Only change I made was to add Ground Coriander, Cilantro and an extra can of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.

THANKS AL!

Todd

Ingredients

2b7274c2_DSCF2565.jpg

Smoked Burger and Hot Italian Sausage Mix

5edecb1a_DSCF2573-Copy.jpg

Finished Chili With Some Dino Bones and a Sam Adams

8882ec29_DSCF2586.jpg

Looks Great Todd, I'll take a case of those Dino Bones, they actually have meat on them, not like the ones we see here...

Todd that looks great and those must be Dino's you were braggin about last nite. Now I see why - Like I mentioned last nite some dry ice would get a batch of the Dino's out here too
icon_mrgreen.gif

Ross,

Best chili I ever made!

Good heat and great flavors.  The smoked sausage and burger really made the difference.

Todd

I see why Al won 3rd place. It is a fantastic tasting chili. I had some after cooking, and although it was a bit rough, all the flavours were there, just not quite all together. I see why Al said to let it sit for a day and then reheat. Then again, the brands I used are different from Al's so that might make a difference.

Nonetheless, IT IS A FANTASTIC CHILI..... YOU MUST TRY IT!!!!!

Todd the chili looks great. I think the idea of mixing the sausage & ground beef together before smoking is an excellent one. I am going to do that next time I make the chili. Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky