Almost Reverse sear Rib Eyes on the Mini-WSM of Course

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Last weekend I resided a shed that my dad built 36 years ago. Should be good for another 36 years! Right as I was wrapping mom returned from Costco with a mega pack of rib eyes and sent me home with three! Fired up the mini, cherry and pecan over Kingsford Blue, 265º. Cooked them in the smoke until they were ready for the sear. Only problem is the neighbor came visiting right then! So I missed the window! Still turned out great and can't complain too much because he brought us ten large mature shrubs for our yard.

Bathing in Worcestershire garlic, salt, pepper

Prepped taters to go on the gasser for crispy skin taters. Hard to tell in the photo but these were about 8" long and 3" in diameter!!!
icon_eek.gif

Three tasty bones for the hounds!

Enjoy!!!

OK, Case. How did you luck into a family that gives you steaks and neighbours who bring shrubs! Nice life.

It also looks like the steaks were great!

Disco

OK, Case. How did you luck into a family that gives you steaks and neighbours who bring shrubs! Nice life.

It also looks like the steaks were great!

Disco
I know lucky on both accounts! It would've been leftovers, so the steaks were a big hit! I just wish I could've convinced the neighbor to dig the holes
ROTF.gif

Tasty they were! Finished off the other half for dinner last night!

Those look great as always.  I did rib eyes on Black Betty Sunday nite with some fresh corn.  Lynn actually like them too.  woot woot!  I am winning him over with some charcoal stuff!

Kat

Those look great as always.  I did rib eyes on Black Betty Sunday nite with some fresh corn.  Lynn actually like them too.  woot woot!  I am winning him over with some charcoal stuff!

Kat
Thanks Kat! Wish I'd had fresh corn. The stuff in the stores this year was terrible! Seemed like one out of three ended up being moldy, gross! We don't have a long enough growing season to get good corn in our garden.

Oh man I love the charcoal smoker/grill. I still use the gasser though when I'm short on time.

Kat
Thanks Kat! Wish I'd had fresh corn. The stuff in the stores this year was terrible! Seemed like one out of three ended up being moldy, gross! We don't have a long enough growing season to get good corn in our garden.

Oh man I love the charcoal smoker/grill. I still use the gasser though when I'm short on time.
We belong to a produce co-op right now.  Don't know where they got the corn this late....but it was a white one and awesome...did them right along the steaks on Black Betty!

Kat

You know you can get 60 day corn?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky