A LITTLE FRIED FISH (CRAPPIE)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
We broke from tradition and went on a road trip at Christmas. One of our stops was my Wife's Sister and BIL. Had a real nice time and sent us home with a huge box of Pecans and a few big bags of Crappie. The lake they live on is full of big ole slab crappie. I had set a bag out to thaw and Saturday cooked up a nice mess than again tonight,
Here are a few pics

Pic from Saturday Crappie, Cold Slaw and French Frys
IMG_0278.jpg

Crappie and Hush Puppies
IMG_0292.jpg

Mmmmmmm crappie. Cut in strips bread them and deep fry and have a nice batch of poor man's shrimp. Coctail or tarter sauce. Unbeleivable

Now you did it---And here I sit out of Crappies, Gils, Bass, Trout, Catties, or any of my other favorites!!!:)

Looks Great Gary---I'm Jealous!!---Like.

Bear

One of my favorite fish to eat as well. I also see some jalapeno poking out of those hush puppies! I imagine they have corn and peppers in them... that's the best way do them in my opinion as well. Great meal!

Those hush puppies remind me of a time when I had a friend over for a fish fry. He bit into a hush puppy and got this strange look on his face. I asked, "What, you don't like the hush puppies?" "No," he replied, "these are the best I've ever had. Do these have peppers in them?" I told him they had jalapenos in them. He said he'd never be able to eat them any other way.

I wish I'd have been there, Gary. I love a good fish fry. Thanks for the post, it definitely boosted my mood on this increasingly dreary and cold day. We may even get some snow tonight. If we do, it'll be twice in one year. I don't ever remember that happening here before.

Definitely worth some points!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky