1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

3-2-1 Ribs w/ SmokinAl's rub

Discussion in 'Pork' started by un4gvn1, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Safeway had "St Louis style" ribs on sale last week for 1/2 off, yesterday was the day.

These were 3-2-1 ribs done @ 225* in the Traeger as I wasn't going to be able to babysit the propane smoker. The "set & forget" of the Traeger is really nice sometimes.

Let me start with a shoutout to SmokinAl, whose rub really set these off. My wife loved the sweetness of this rub as well as the lack of salt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last pic shows how moist these stayed, I added apple juice to the pan for the two-hour enclosed cook. Two racks in the fridge, two in the freezer for those "what do you wanna do for dinner?" nights. :emoji_sunglasses:

zammy758, SmokinVOLfan and JC in GB like this.
  2. sandyut

sandyut Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

ill be right over-looks great!

3. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Master of the Pit

Great looking ribs. Might have to PM Al and get his rub recipe. I tried his BBQ sauce and its damn good!

4. I'll save you the effort. I should have included it in the original post anyhow...

Al's Best Rub

1 1/2 cups raw sugar (turbinado)

1/4 cup red pepper flakes

1/2 cup granulated onion

1/2 cup granulated garlic

1/2 cup black pepper

1/2 cup smoked paprika

1/4 cup Spanish or Hungarian paprika

SmokinVOLfan likes this.