Cured tenderloin 2 ways

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fueling Around

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 10, 2018
FL winter, MN summer
Decided to cure some Canadian (loin) bacon. Well don't have the space to deal with a full loin so picked up tenderloin package on sale for a great price.
Dry rub at 1% total salt with cure #1 and no sugar or any other spices (to start).
About 3 weeks later, I rubbed one of the loins with a Black Forest Ham seasoning mix from a member here.

torch.png
Firing the pellet tube. The torch works really well to ignite the pellets. Thank you enablers of the forum.

smoker-1.png
This is my smoker. A common use 3 burner gas grill that I was able to control the temp for decent offset heating.
I didn't get a photo of the rolled aluminum foil blocking the vent on the backside of the hood

monitor-1.PNG
First run of ThermoWorks Signals. I love this unit. Beats all my old units.
App was a bit of a challenge to get setup as I'm not a big app user.
The firmware update of the base unit was a nail biter.

Smoked to 145°, fully pasteurized, very tender, and moist.

smoke-1.png
Left side pieces have a Black Forest rub. Right pieces are only salt and cure.

smoke-2.png
I've been curing meat for around 10 years and most of the time it gets the cat indifference from my wife.
My wife loves the Back Forest seasoned version from SmokinEdge SmokinEdge .
Happy wife ... you know the rest.

Sorry no plated shots.

Tenderloins look great but I need to be enabled when it comes to that torch! What and where?
Here you go. Happy shopping.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Thanks for the likes and comments everyone.

That's incredible! I’m so glad the wife enjoyed that. Mine does as well. It’s a different spice rub for sure, but it does work actually really well with pork.
Game changer for me, Eric. 10 years to find a low sodium combination that my wife will enjoy eating instead of just humoring me. Many thanks for posting your recipe.
All the ingredients are stocked in the cabinets south and north.
Here's the link to the post on making Black Forest ham
I really suggest everyone give it a try.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Here you go. Happy shopping.
They're on sale too!

https://www.amazon.com/Sondiko-Powerful-L8010-Campfire-Adjustable/dp/B0BN3WPKVZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=28D1IZQ97ZSQV&keywords=sondiko+butane+torch&qid=1707961914&sprefix=sond,aps,213&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

• Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around

Game changer for me, Eric. 10 years to find a low sodium combination that my wife will enjoy eating instead of just humoring me. Many thanks for posting your recipe.
They look great. Ty for the black forest. Its next on my list. Just picked this up from meat store lol

Attachments

• IMG_4382.jpeg
    IMG_4382.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 8

Thank you for the mention John. I am humbled. I’m so glad you guys enjoyed That.

That's great!! Hadn't thought about using the pork tenderloin, thanks for the idea John...
My first time for me, Charles. I have one more package of tenderloin to start thawing for the next batch.
Back north I'll use full loins where I have an extra fridge.
Down here a side by side fridge and space is a premium.
I'm out of freezer space until we eat down some more.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I'll run that by my wife to see what she thinks.
I made Ras El Hanout seasoned chicken last week and she really liked the flavors.
If you haven't tried Ras El Hanout it has the warm undertones of allspice and related spice flavors.

I'll run that by my wife to see what she thinks.
I made Ras El Hanout seasoned chicken last week and she really liked the flavors.
If you haven't tried Ras El Hanout it has the warm undertones of allspice and related spice flavors.
I would appreciate the feedback. I’m thinking that the deli version has allspice and it wouldn’t be necessarily wrong here. Just thinking.

Ras El Hanout. Sounds interesting, I’ll look that up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky