3-2-1 Ribs w/ SmokinAl's rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

un4gvn1

Original poster
Dec 5, 2014
Junction City, Oregon
Safeway had "St Louis style" ribs on sale last week for 1/2 off, yesterday was the day.

These were 3-2-1 ribs done @ 225* in the Traeger as I wasn't going to be able to babysit the propane smoker. The "set & forget" of the Traeger is really nice sometimes.

Let me start with a shoutout to SmokinAl, whose rub really set these off. My wife loved the sweetness of this rub as well as the lack of salt.

IMG-3982.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3985.jpg

The last pic shows how moist these stayed, I added apple juice to the pan for the two-hour enclosed cook. Two racks in the fridge, two in the freezer for those "what do you wanna do for dinner?" nights. :emoji_sunglasses:

Great looking ribs. Might have to PM Al and get his rub recipe. I tried his BBQ sauce and its damn good!

I'll save you the effort. I should have included it in the original post anyhow...

Al's Best Rub

1 1/2 cups raw sugar (turbinado)

1/4 cup red pepper flakes

1/2 cup granulated onion

1/2 cup granulated garlic

1/2 cup black pepper

1/2 cup smoked paprika

1/4 cup Spanish or Hungarian paprika

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky