10 1/2th Annual South Florida Gathering - Pics Added

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Peachey... That's the plan... Hopefully everything goes smoothly ..

With that being said... I am going to offer to bring essentials needed to make snack sticks (small batch) If anybody is interested and wants to bring untrimmed whole boston butts ... Please let it be known here by next Wed. .. I will check the forums on Wed. when I come back to the house to swap out gear... If so I will load up things needed to do the job ... If no interest I will not bring grinding/stuffing gear ...

Loading up for first half of vacation now ...

With a heavy heart, it’s done. Site 92 is available for anyone that may want it. Sure going to miss seeing and spending some time with y’all. Hoping the weather holds nice, your campfire keeps ya warm and a great time is had by all. Hopefully I can be there next year. Y’all don’t forget to post lots of pics!

Sorry to hear Steve, but see you next year brother!

Keith - i'll bring a butt....in years past you asked us to cut them up ahead of time, not this time?

Ok everyone....the time is here! This weekend is the gathering.

Some items i do not think we have discussed like we did in prior years.
- In the past we've had people take charge of making breakfast and others donated supplies/food. With a smaller group and some people staying in hotels or day-tripping i think it's safe to say everyone is on their own for breakfast foods...of course sharing and whatnot is always welcomed. I'm not a big breakfast person so doesnt really affect me.
- Eating utensils/plate/paperware - normally we all pitch in and bring these supplies. We have not discussed this yet. I'll bring alot of plastic utensils which should be enough for the entire group. I can also run to Sam's Club and get cups and plates unless someone else has alot to bring and share?
- For anyone that might be new and just a reminder for all...there arent really "planned meals" per say. Some people make their own meals, some people make and share, we all snack all day so it'll be the same this year.
- The only "planned meal" will be Saturday evening, potluck style! IF anyone wants to mention what they might make/bring you can let us know so others can plan accordingly.

Let me know if i'm missing anything. If you have any fun games you'd like to bring and play as a group, please do so! In the past we've had cornhole/bagtoss, frisbee games, ring toss and more!

Anyone who wants to participate in the random gift raffle, please bring a gift of $20 or less in value. This is optional to participate. i'm bringing raffle tickets :)

Anything else we need to shore up before the weekend? I'll be heading down Friday morning and not bringing my trailer smoker this year. I'll have my Sweet Smoke Q barrell. I'll also bring 1 or 2 of those large canopies like in the past. If others have, CANOPIES, FOLDING TABLES and TABLE CLOTHS...can you please bring.

Oh and bring your own camp chair or seating equipment.

Ok i keep remembering more...fire wood will be essential. Does anyone have an abundance? I have some logs i can split and bring but not alot.

I think that's it for now.......

OK... So I am home changing out camping gear... Doug, I would check with Don and see what for butts he's bringing... I was gonna try and keep it a lil smaller this as I am only bringing a MES 30 (pid controlled) .. So it will have to be small batches at a time in the smoker.

I am doing the usual ham on Fri. night... could use some sides to go with it.. .

Sat. - 2 slabs of ribs.. Charlotte's making a big garden salad and oreo dessert...

Reactions: dougmays
Keith - i'll send Don a text now. I could pre-make some smashed taters for Friday night as a side. I can Bring them and warm them up on a smoker i suppose

OK... So I am home changing out camping gear... Doug, I would check with Don and see what for butts he's bringing... I was gonna try and keep it a lil smaller this as I am only bringing a MES 30 (pid controlled) .. So it will have to be small batches at a time in the smoker.

I am doing the usual ham on Fri. night... could use some sides to go with it.. .

Sat. - 2 slabs of ribs.. Charlotte's making a big garden salad and oreo dessert...
I wait all year for Charlottes desert. See you Saturday. Can we set up at your site?

Hope y'all Thursday people are having a good time! Not sure if you have internet there but let me know if you need me to pick up anything! I'm planning on heading out around 10am and will be about a 3.5 hour drive down. See everyone soon!

Hey all - so this is how busy I got - I didn't even realize the Gathering was this weekened until I got the email from the FL State Parks with the checkout procedures from the campsite. Looks like it was a little thin this year, but I hope all who were there had a good time. Weather was certainly nice. We actually had three soceer games yesterday, and the first time that my wife and I actually had to divide and conquer to get the kids where they needed to be. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!

What a wonderful day yesterday was. It was great seeing old friends again and enjoying all the good food. Wishing everyone a joyous holiday season. Stay well.

Reactions: ConrodM
Just got home about a hour ago.....unpacked and showered finally! I had a great time! Thanks for all that came out and the good times we had! i'll post pictures on here tomorrow from my phone! If anyone has a hard time uploading pics, you can email them to be at [email protected]. I know in the past some have had a hard time doing it. I'm also going to put my pics in a Google Folder and i'll share the link.

Everyone have a great week and happy thanksgiving!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky