• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

#1 Song on the Billboards the Day You Were Born

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 4, 2011
1599486723609.png
1599486723609.png

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 4, 2009
She is a he ... he was a bandleader/entertainer in the 30’s and 40’s ... he also had a quiz show, and some movies ... pretty popular.
Yep!

Checked him out and he is indeed a man. Unusual name for a man though.

Thanks,

John

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 20, 2013
Buttons and Bows by Dinah Shore on the day of my birth.

Stay by Maurice and the Zodiaks on my 12th birthday

Just as a side note, it says my parents were listening to "I'm looking over a 4 leaf clover" when I was conceived 38,154,666 mins ago (Lord help me but that's a looooong time ago. :emoji_astonished: :emoji_astonished:)
Gary

Last edited:

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 20, 2013
Great thread John. I checked out the other #1 stuff in the year I was born as well and this is what I found:

One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart) by Jimmy Wakely . Great--Old country music is my favorite!!

Joan of Arc (movie). Perfect--early and late Medieval weapons is one of my big interests.

Gary

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2016
Great thread John. I checked out the other #1 stuff in the year I was born as well and this is what I found:

One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart) by Jimmy Wakely . Great--Old country music is my favorite!!

Joan of Arc (movie). Perfect--early and late Medieval weapons is one of my big interests.

Gary
Glad you like it Gary, seems lots of others do to as I thought they would.
A little mindless fun for folks in these crazy days is a good thing to help with stress.

Markl

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 1, 2020
Singing the Blues, Guy Mitchell tied with Love Me Tender by Elvis

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Just as a side note, it says my parents were listening to "I'm looking over a 4 leaf clover" when I was conceived 38,154,666 mins ago (Lord help me but that's a looooong time ago. :emoji_astonished: :emoji_astonished:)

WOW!!! they had four leaf clovers during the Ice Age Gary. Who'd a thunk it. :emoji_laughing:

Just joshing ya buddy
Chris

FWIW: My parents would have been listening to Why by Frankie Avalon. Good Grief

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 20, 2013
WOW!!! they had four leaf clovers during the Ice Age Gary. Who'd a thunk it. :emoji_laughing:

Just joshing ya buddy
Chris

FWIW: My parents would have been listening to Why by Frankie Avalon. Good Grief

Ha!! 4 leaf clover is a tough plant. What I wanna know, Chris, is how they recorded the song on that stone disc. :emoji_wink:
Gary

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Jan 17, 2013
It told me the #1 song on by birthday was Aquarius\Let the Sunshine in by the 5th Dimension and the # 1 movie was Midnight Cowboy.

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
I Can't Stop Loving You...Ray Charles. 6/62...JJ

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
I'm a little Too Old !!!
Those who were born before the 50s have little chance of having a Great Song from their Birthday.
Those born in the 60s have the best chance of a Great Song, because there were so many Great Songs in the 60s!!

Bear

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Those born in the 60s have the best chance of a Great Song, because there were so many Great Songs in the 60s!!
i guess i'm not one of the lucky ones mine was come see about me by the supremes! your right though about alot of great songs from the 60's

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
i guess i'm not one of the lucky ones mine was come see about me by the supremes! your right though about alot of great songs from the 60's

LOL---I got to like them, eventually:
When I was young, I worked 8 hours a day at Bethlehem Steel, and 7 hours a day (at night) at a Gas Station.
The owner (my boss) had a Stereo in the office, and the only records he had were "Albums of The Supremes", so I got kinda used to them to the point of liking them quite a bit. Didn't have many Gas customers between 2 AM & 6 AM anyway!!!

Bear

PPG1

Smoking Fanatic
Aug 22, 2020
LOL---I got to like them, eventually:
When I was young, I worked 8 hours a day at Bethlehem Steel, and 7 hours a day (at night) at a Gas Station.
The owner (my boss) had a Stereo in the office, and the only records he had were "Albums of The Supremes", so I got kinda used to them to the point of liking them quite a bit. Didn't have many Gas customers between 2 AM & 6 AM anyway!!!

Bear
Imagine that. I worked blast furnace at Bethlehem Steel and pump gas at a Sinclair Gas station in Johnstown Pa

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
Clicky