Winco Egg-Price Ripoff!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just bought eggs today at the local farmers market. Six bucks for a doz extra large and 6 bucks for half doz of turkey eggs which are twice the size of a chicken egg. Never had them before so we shall see.

Reactions: noboundaries
Picked up a 18 pack yesterday at Walmart and thought it said $4 something, been paying $2 something range, was talking to some lady's at food city and the same were over $6 , told them what I thought I paid and the wife looked at her receipt, $6 something must've been a sign for a dozen . may talk the son into some birds lol no contest on taste from a farm raised egg and a factory egg

I'm with you!! Was planning to make pasta the other day for the first time and needed eggs. Went to our little grocery store about a mile away and it was $8.98 for an 18-pack. I about fell over!!

Robert

Wow , I thought our prices were bad as they raised them to $9.98 for a 30 flat of large , works out to .33 cent each
a lot more than a month or so ago
compared to your almost 50 cent each.
I guess I will not complain as we go through a lot of eggs, have to find a chicken guy like Jerry pineywoods pineywoods

David

Wow , I thought our prices were bad as they raised them to $9.98 for a 30 flat of large , works out to .33 cent each
a lot more than a month or so ago
compared to your almost 50 cent each.
I guess I will not complain as we go through a lot of eggs, have to find a chicken guy like Jerry pineywoods pineywoods

David
Can't help it " chicken guy" ... :emoji_laughing:
Does he get another tag for that under his name?

Ryan

Fresh beats the tattoo eggs (EB) that are full of growth hormones and junk.
Ours are dark and light brown large.
Adding 6 more next month. Bantams and Easter chickens.

Past 11 days worth. Between 10-12 daily.
IMG-1676.jpg

I bought an 18'er of Egglands Best the other day on sale for 5.79. First time in my life I've ever bought 'name brand ' eggs. I wish I'd bought several of them now.

Publix has gone to about 7-8 bucks a dozen. Food Lion is somewhere around 5-6 for a dozen and 10 for a 30 pack. I'd been buying the 30's at Harris Teeter for 8.99 (and grumbling about that) but they went up a few days ago to over 10.

I am on break from keto - if eggs don't stabilize I'm going to go broke when I go back on it. Between me and the lady and the kids, we plow through 60 some weeks.

Gonna have to go all Tony Soprano and jack a damn egg truck......

I will check Aldi when I take a lunch tonight. There's one just a few miles from work.

I bought an 18'er of Egglands Best the other day on sale for 5.79. First time in my life I've ever bought 'name brand ' eggs. I wish I'd bought several of them now.

Publix has gone to about 7-8 bucks a dozen. Food Lion is somewhere around 5-6 for a dozen and 10 for a 30 pack. I'd been buying the 30's at Harris Teeter for 8.99 (and grumbling about that) but they went up a few days ago to over 10.

I am on break from keto - if eggs don't stabilize I'm going to go broke when I go back on it. Between me and the lady and the kids, we plow through 60 some weeks.

Gonna have to go all Tony Soprano and jack a damn egg truck......

I will check Aldi when I take a lunch tonight. There's one just a few miles from work.
I just legt Aldi here in Long Island NY and eggs still $2.86/doz

Well, the story here in Cali is bird flu among the egg laying population, an increase in chicken feed prices, and the Wash. DC based ASPCA sponsored bill that the stupid population passed that outlawed caged animals and chickens. Cali was a test. It isn't the grocer's fault.

When I was a kid at home and we had a large chicken flock, I never noticed the egg reduction in the winter months. Folks around her say they are only getting 2-3 eggs daily now that its cold.

Sometimes I only get 7-8 and other days I get a fill.
Still feeding them fermented scratch at night.
IMG-1780.jpg

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky