For Sale: New Custom 24" x 46" Reverse Flow Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seenred

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 9, 2009
N.E. Oklahoma
Some of you have followed the build thread for this smoker - a 24x46 Reverse Flow offset patio smoker.

As I said recently in that build thread, I didn't really need the smoker (I have a big gravity feed smoker that serves me well, and I don't really have the space to store another big smoker)...but I've been wanting to do this build for a while now.

So I'm posting this rig for sale here first. If any SMF brother or sister wants this pit, I'll gladly let you have it for just what I have invested in steel and materials, which is right at $1500. I didn't do this project to make a profit - it was done mostly for my own enjoyment...and it'd make me happy if someone here ended up owning it.

When I advertise it on other platforms - which I'll probably do sometime next week, I'll probably start out asking $2K...which still isn't asking much for the hours I've put into the build. But even then, I'll likely be willing to entertain offers of anything that covers my expenses. But if any SMF member in good standing wants it, it's yours at the no haggle price of $1500. And I should also add that I have a pickup and a trailer, and would be happy to deliver it to you if you can pay my gas/expenses to haul it to you. I'm a retired guy...and a nice drive to meet a forum friend would be a fun road trip for me! Or if you'd prefer, it can be seen and picked up hear in NE Oklahoma (about 40 miles east of Tulsa).

Anyway - sorry, this has already gotten longer than it should be. So let me give you the specs on the smoker:

- The cook chamber is 24" diameter by 46" long, and is 5/16" wall thickness.
- The firebox is 22"x18" and is 1/4" wall thickness. With a slide out coal rack and 2 sliding intake dampers.
- The main cooking rack is a double, drop-in rack, and is 35"x23".
- The top cooking rack is a slide-out rack, and is 32"x18.
- Total cooking area is 1381 sq inches.
- 24" tall, 4"x4" smoke stack - with a hinged rain cap/damper with a cool touch handle.
- The RF baffle plate is 1/4" thick with a grease drain out the bottom (includes a drain pail)
- Threaded probe wire port w/ threaded cap.
- Heavy duty hinges and stainless steel cool touch handles on the doors. Nomex gasket around CC door.
- Large expanded metal storge rack underneath.
- Heavy duty 8" solid rubber casters - 2 fixed and 2 swivel
- 1200 degree high heat stove and grill paint - semi gloss black.

Here are some pics of the smoker. If you want to see pics of anything that's not shown here, just let me know and I'll shoot more photos.

img115.jpg

img116.jpg

img117.jpg

img118.jpg

img121.jpg

img122.jpg

img123.jpg

img124.jpg

img125.jpg

img126.jpg

img129.jpg

img130.jpg

img128.jpg

If your interested, you can PM me here at SMF, or email me at [email protected]. I'm happy to answer questions about the pit or about the build...or to take more pics.

Thanks for looking!

Red

And I should have mentioned, I've built a fire in it twice - once to season it and once to do a test cook. It runs great and is very fuel efficient.

If you'd like to see that cook, I posted a thread here:

And if you'd like to do a deep dive into the build thread, here's that link:

Red

Anyone who's priced smokers will know that's one heck of a deal!!

Good morning Charles...Thanks, brother!

I think so too...but I know that's still a lot of money for a smoker. Everything has gotten so high the last couple years...when I sat down to tally up my total cost, I was a bit shocked that it was so much LOL! The cost of steel seems to be one of those things that jumped in price somewhere between 100 and 200 percent during the pandemic...and has never gone back down much.

Red

Wow Red, kinda sad to see this being offered for sale. If I had the space I'd buy it in a heartbeat...not that I need another smoker, but for the legacy behind it and having followed your build from the beginning.

Robert

Reactions: seenred and 02ebz06
Wow Red, kinda sad to see this being offered for sale. If I had the space I'd buy it in a heartbeat...not that I need another smoker, but for the legacy behind it and having followed your build from the beginning.

Robert

Thanks Robert!

Yeah I know...it'll be kinda hard to part with it. But right now It's taking up space in my shop that I need to start working on another project. My little shop is already cramped for space. And I just don't have room in the garage or on the patio to store it.

Also, not too long after I started this project, the boss informed me that I already had too many outdoor cookers...and that when this pit was finished, something would have to go. She's usually not wrong - and there's no sense in arguing with her regardless!

So, as the missus said, something's gotta go! I really don't want to part with my big gravity feed smoker...love that pit. But either the new RF pit goes, or I'll have to advertise the GF for sale. Just can't make room for both.

Red

Nice build! I dont think those pics do justice for the footprint of that smoker. I read the specs then looked at the pics, pics make it look smaller I think.

Just an offhanded observation. I like those hinges they look ligit.

I would like to see reverse flow baffel and such. So I will go check out the build thread. Not everyone is as enterprising as me so you may want to include that in the for sale thread.

Good luck, whoever gets that will know where their money went.

Reactions: seenred
Nice build! I dont think those pics do justice for the footprint of that smoker. I read the specs then looked at the pics, pics make it look smaller I think.

Just an offhanded observation. I like those hinges they look ligit.

I would like to see reverse flow baffel and such. So I will go check out the build thread. Not everyone is as enterprising as me so you may want to include that in the for sale thread.

Good luck, whoever gets that will know where their money went.

Thanks for the kind words! I see what you mean about the pics - perhaps I should shoot one with me standing next to it - to provide a better frame of reference?

I'm happy to post up some pics of the baffle plate!

These are pics from the build thread, showing the installation of the BP, the grease dam, and and Drain.

img44.jpg

img45.jpg

img48.jpg

img55.jpg

img65.JPG

Thanks again for the nice words...

Red

Wow Red, that smoker is worth double that easy. I sure hope a member takes you up on this. What an excellent deal! Just Wow!

very very nice. I have no experience wit a reverse flow

Thanks Dan. Pretty easy to run. IMO, similar to a direct flow offset, but easier to keep consistent temps across the grate.

Wow Red, that smoker is worth double that easy. I sure hope a member takes you up on this. What an excellent deal! Just Wow!

Thanks Brother! I don't know about double, but I think it's a pretty good deal for someone wanting something similar to a Lang but doesn't want to spend what a new Lang costs.

Red

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Beautiful smoker Red. I sure hope it finds a good home.

Let's see, your about 1650 miles away from me. My truck gets about 15 miles/gallon, and gas on the low end is 3.79/gallon. So it would cost me about $416.00 and 25hrs of driving to come get it. Financially it's still a great deal. Maritally maybe not. LOL

Chris

Beautiful smoker Red. I sure hope it finds a good home.

Let's see, your about 1650 miles away from me. My truck gets about 15 miles/gallon, and gas on the low end is 3.79/gallon. So it would cost me about $416.00 and 25hrs of driving to come get it. Financially it's still a great deal. Maritally maybe not. LOL

Chris

LOL thanks Chris!

I meant what I said about being willing to deliver it to a SMF friend for expenses. My truck gets closer to 22-23 mpg. So gas would be a little cheaper for me than it'd cost you to come for it...also might be better for ya, Maritally Speaking! :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_sunglasses:

Red

Giving this thread a bump. I really need the space in my shop back!

I wouldn't make this offer on any other platforms...but I will entertain any reasonable offers from SMF friends. Please keep in mind that every dollar less than $1500 that I take is a loss....but I do need to move this rig. Selling it will not only get it out of my shop, but will help fund my next fab project.

And don't forget that, if you'd like, I can haul it to you for gas and expenses.

I'd really enjoy seeing this pit go to someone on this forum!

Red

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Man my friend… what a deal for someone. I tell ya, if I had a consistent supply of smoking wood… I’d be all over this! That pit is a work of art and definitely worth much more than you’re asking!

Man my friend… what a deal for someone. I tell ya, if I had a consistent supply of smoking wood… I’d be all over this! That pit is a work of art and definitely worth much more than you’re asking!

Howdy Justin! Thanks my friend - that means a lot!

When I decided I was gonna sell it, I made up my mind that profit wasn't important. I built this pit as a hobby-project...just for the enjoyment of doing it! If I can get all - or even most - of my money back, that'll fund the next project!

Thanks again Buddy...and thanks for checking in! Good to hear from ya!

Red

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I would buy that right now but I am in Hawaii and shipping would kill me!! Beautiful Smoker!!

Thanks for the kind words!

LMAO!!! I've been saying that I've got a truck and trailer, and would be willing to haul it to any forum buddy that wanted to buy it...but now I know I lied! :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_sweat_smile:

I don't think my truck is amphibious LOL!!!

Red

Hahaha!! Yeah it is what hinders me from buying a really nice smoker! Shipping is a Killer for me on something that could weigh a 1000lbs or more. Really like that smoker though, Great Job!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky