Grocery Shopping Advice to Save Money

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't know about where you are, but I buy most of my pork chops from Aldi unless I want them thicker than what they have pre-packaged. They have the most tender pork chops out of all the places I shop. They also usually have good prices on tenderloin.
It's now the only place I buy pork. And wings for that matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: DougE
i will buy chicken in the family packs there, full rack of ribs but almost never beef. Nothing beats Costco for thick pork chops

I don't know about where you are, but I buy most of my pork chops from Aldi unless I want them thicker than what they have pre-packaged. They have the most tender pork chops out of all the places I shop. They also usually have good prices on tenderloin.
I'll buy meat, mostly chicken or pork, from Aldi, but generally do not buy from Walmart

I was going to start a thread, "Do y'all like BJ's?" but I will just ask in this thread.

No Sams or Costco around here but there is a BJ's.

Anyone familiar or recommend their meat?

I was going to start a thread, "Do y'all like BJ's?" but I will just ask in this thread.

No Sams or Costco around here but there is a BJ's.

Anyone familiar or recommend their meat?
:emoji_laughing:...I have to stop laughing first, my wife laughed as well! I'm going with DougE DougE ...yes!

Ryan

Went back to Aldis today and score again.Another
package of wings,one package of thighs and a pack of sweet Italian sausage,all at 50% off.

Attachments

• 20220813_110102.jpg
    20220813_110102.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 9
Got lucky to catch a non-advertised sale at Kroger down the road from me.
$1.99/lb Choice Briskets. They were all big!
I picked up a 19.36 pounder and an 18.78 pounder. They had good bend to them and were best 2 of the bunch for me. It's nice to be in brisket country :D

I will trim off the thin portion of the flat before I cook em and end up with a lot of great meat on the smoker since they are so large.

I went in to buy 3 pound bags of shredded of cheese on sale for $4.99 and scored a nice find :D

I hope you guys find a nice little haul like that soon as well :)

I picked up a 19.36 pounder and an 18.78 pounder. They had good bend to them and were best 2 of the bunch for me. It's nice to be in brisket country :D

I will trim off the thin portion of the flat before I cook em and end up with a lot of great meat on the smoker since they are so large.

I went in to buy 3 pound bags of shredded of cheese on sale for $4.99 and scored a nice find :D

Nice score

Chris

That's awesome, congrats!!

Reactions: tallbm
Supply chains may still be messed up in the Pacific rim countries, but beef and pork are all-USA, all-the-way. Good prices and plenteous supplies seems to say we're getting back to normal. And maybe this sort of USA resilience will help convince some managers to bring some previously out-sourced jobs back to our shores.
I'm smiling.

Reactions: chopsaw
bill1 bill1 I agree . I've said before I go in person to check prices at Gordons food service , and prices have been dropping on beef for a couple weeks now .

Reactions: bill1
I'm not sure how much recent price instability hasn't been somewhat influenced by the war in Ukraine. And there's some good news there recently too. So hopefully we're on a roll of good luck. And/or blessing!

Reactions: chopsaw
We'd see quite a bit more price reduction if they'd get diesel prices down. It came down a little, but nowhere near as much as gasoline did. Doesn't matter if it's groceries, or whatever, nothing moves without diesel, and freight carriers are not in business to move cargo at a loss.

Reactions: Flatrate and TNJAKE
^
Logistics is STILL a nightmare on both cost and availability. I just looked up what one of our larger customers paid in freight last month. 28k. I went back and looked at freight for same customer Feb 2021. Just about the same amount of freight, but it was less than half of that at 13k. We don't make a dime on freight charges - that's cost.

On a plus note - for those of us near a Food Lion - butts will be 1.29 this week. We see them pretty often for .99 so I'm not super excited but 1.29 ain't bad.

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky