Wife's Birthday what to do? Yep fire up the smoker(heavy pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Wife's birthday was over the weekend was trying to decide what to do. Decided it was time to invite the family over and break out the smokers.

Started with 2 chuck roasts both were about 3.5 pounds. Injected with mix of Worcestershire and low sodium beef broth. Coated in Montreal steak seasoning.
Ab1.jpg

Got those rolling in the smoke. Few hours in.
Ab2.jpg

Now certainly that wont be enough food so what is a guy to do? Yep ribs
Ab4.jpg

Removed the membrane and brushed with EVOO and a basic rub, SPOG some paprika and a little brown sugar
Ab5.jpg

Panned the chucks at 165 with some more beef broth and some butter
Ab3.jpg

Ribs are in the smoke. Chucks are panned and in the smoker. Now what to do? Yep chicken. Spatched a chicken and used some poultry rub I got on clearance.
Ab9.jpg

Put the chicken in the SV24 rolling 300 with apple chunks. In the meantime chucks are done. Pulled at 207. Into the cooler with OLD towels(wont make the mistake of using the good ones again)
Ab7.jpg

Ribs are going in foil for a couple hours. Butter brown sugar and some homemade bbq sauce
Ab8.jpg

Yard bird is done 2 hours later. Into the cooler with the chucks.
Ab14.jpg

Pulled ribs for the last hour with some sauce. Both the racks broke they were so tender already.
Ab13.jpg

Ribs are sauced and done. Into the cooler with the others.
Ab15.jpg

Ab16.jpg

In the midst of all this got all the sides done.

Homemade slaw with buttermilk dressing
Ab6.jpg

Smoked mac and cheese(cheddar, gouda, cream cheese, and parmesan)
Ab11.jpg

This was such a big hit had to do it again. xray xray Mexican street corn
Ab10.jpg

Ab12.jpg

Wish I had gotten better pics of the shredded chicken and pulled chucks. Hands were covered in stuff and was trying to get the party started and everyone fed. Everything was a hit.

Here's the goody box I sent home with my mother for my elderly grandmother. Homemade bbq sauces included. Ran out of corn.
Ab17.jpg

Wife had a good birthday and everyone left full. Managed to sneak in a pulled beef sandwich for lunch yesterday
Ab18.jpg

Thanks for looking!

John

John that feast looks amazing!!! A lot of work but I’m sure it was worth it.

It was my wife’s birthday on Sunday too but I had to work. Just crockpot meatballs, pasta salad and cheesy potatoes here.

Like!

John that feast looks amazing!!! A lot of work but I’m sure it was worth it.

It was my wife’s birthday on Sunday too but I had to work. Just crockpot meatballs, pasta salad and cheesy potatoes here.

Like!

Thanks xray. Yeah it was a lot of work but well worth it. Had plenty of cold beer to keep me cool in this heat. That corn stole the show though. Didn't even had one piece left.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky