Whole sirloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greg1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
Good day all. Need some advice or suggestions. I am going to be smoking 2 beef whole sirloin steak for my sons birthday party on Sunday. Unfortunately everyone will not be able to eat at the same time and the location of the party and the smoker are different. So here is the thought I have been running thru my head. Would like to know if you think it's a viable plan or should be scraped. I am also open to a different process on making this work. Plan in my head is to smoke to about 130-135IT and then rest the meat, then slice into steaks and sear, and hold in a roaster oven with au jus and serve that way since we will have a revolving door on when folks are eating. I greatly appreciate any and all thoughts and suggestions anyone has. Have a great day!

To begin with, if you run them 130 to 135 then sear, you can figure on medium to medium well roasts. You may also want to check and see what the lowest temp setting on your roasting pan is and check it for accuracy if possible. I do what you're talking about doing regularly when I prepare lunches for the folks in the office: cook ahead of time, put in a roasting pan, and transport to the office. Just be aware that the temp settings on those roasting pans may not be accurate. If the actual temp is higher than what the controller says, you could easily torch a bunch of really good meat. Overall the idea is sound but just look out for some of the pitfalls.

Robert

To begin with, if you run them 130 to 135 then sear, you can figure on medium to medium well roasts. You may also want to check and see what the lowest temp setting on your roasting pan is and check it for accuracy if possible. I do what you're talking about doing regularly when I prepare lunches for the folks in the office: cook ahead of time, put in a roasting pan, and transport to the office. Just be aware that the temp settings on those roasting pans may not be accurate. If the actual temp is higher than what the controller says, you could easily torch a bunch of really good meat. Overall the idea is sound but just look out for some of the pitfalls.

Robert
Robert thanks for the quick reply. I will definitely check the accuracy of the roaster oven. If memory serves my correctly mine will go as low as 125 degrees. Thanks again for the quick reply and thoughts

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky