• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Where to put my brisket?

salisboss

Fire Starter
Joined Apr 7, 2018
I have an MPS with two racks. I am doing a packer brisket for the 4th. Which rack do I put it on? I also plan on doing some ribs either after the brisket is done or toward the end. Can I Add the ribs in at the end on the other rack?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I'd put it on the top rack with the ribs under it.
Put a drip pan under it to catch the juices, until you put the ribs on, then let it drip on the ribs.
Al

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Joined Jul 3, 2017
The inside is 12"x12.5"
I'm guessing the racks usable space is probably under 12".
You might have to cook a point or flat section because even a tiny 7 pound brisket might not fit even trimmed up.

salisboss

Fire Starter
Joined Apr 7, 2018
The inside is 12"x12.5"
I'm guessing the racks usable space is probably under 12".
You might have to cook a point or flat section because even a tiny 7 pound brisket might not fit even trimmed up.
On my sportsman elite it is between 15 and 16" wide.

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Joined Jul 3, 2017
Your sportsman elite came with 2 racks?
I was thinking you had the portable smoker. The sportsman elites have 4 racks normally.
The portable comes with 2 racks.

I see your pork shoulder and door seal post.
Hope you can post a few pics of the food . Good luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.