Where to buy the best meat at the best price

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smoked_Ryno

Original poster
Jul 8, 2018
Texas
Hey everyone,
I am new to this forum and new to this group.
I had a quick question for you Dallas/North Dallas area folks.
Where do you buy your brisket, ribs, chicken at?
I currently just go to Kroger/Walmart when there is a sale (just bought pork ribs for 1.67 per LB.) But I wanted to know if there is somewhere better. Where do y'all get your meat from?

Any tips, tricks, or help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm in the DFW area also, I get most of mine at Sam's too, like Al, but I also have a few local butcher shops I hit for when I want something special. Texas Slabs in Mansfield being my favorite. I believe this month or last months "D" magazine had a write on the best locale butcher shops in Dallas. Most were in North Dallas, Plano area. Most are family owned and work with just one or two family farms to get most of their beef. It was a good article, but most were to far out for me to go to. Good Luck.

I'm not from your area. But I shop for sales.
Another resource is your local butcher. Tell them what your looking for and they might be able to hook you up.
Last...if you buy it by the case it's usually cheaper.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky