Where are the Indiana members located?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Haha, I know that feeling. I have not hunted is quite a few years but do fish as much as I can. Mostly catch and release since I catch a lot more than I can use.

I did some hunting today at Wally world and snuck up on some pork ribs that had a decent price. The Spare ribs were $2.11 a pound. Baby back Ribs were $2.39 a pound. They had some St Louis ribs but I did not look closely at them. I brought two racks of the Spares home because I just couldn't pass that up after paying $4.99 a pound a week ago at another store.

The temps are dropping tonight and tomorrow but I think I will do my first rid smoke, if the UPS guy gets here with my Thermoworks Smoke so I can monitor the IT. It is supposed to be a messy day but I guess I will just have to work with it.

Tom

Westfield. Been smoking for five years. Just ordered this smoker. Excited to take the next step and start smoking using wood only. I'm sure there will be a few failures before perfection but that's how it goes!

Attachments

• IMG_20180319_163236_191.jpg
    IMG_20180319_163236_191.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 30
Westfield. Been smoking for five years. Just ordered this smoker. Excited to take the next step and start smoking using wood only. I'm sure there will be a few failures before perfection but that's how it goes!
Wow! That is a beast.

Is that for personal use or do you do competitions/have a business?

Is that for personal use or do you do competitions/have a business?
I don't have a business going yet but looking to see what can become of it. Only plan to do it on the weekends for now. I've got three restaurants that have committed to buying my pulled pork. Many friends have stated they will purchase about anything I smoke so we will see how it goes.

Seriousaboutsmokin, if you dont mind me asking what joints are you providing the pulled pork to. Would love to try it out. I am just up in Tipton so not far away. Can never find restaurants that have bbq that meets my expectations.

Seriousaboutsmokin, if you dont mind me asking what joints are you providing the pulled pork to. Would love to try it out. I am just up in Tipton so not far away. Can never find restaurants that have bbq that meets my expectations.
I haven't started providing yet. I get my new smoker this weekend. But they are friends that own restaurants and bars that have had my pulled pork before. Once I get used to my new smoker, I will start providing. If you'd like, since you're close to Westfield, I will let you know when I smoke some pulled pork and you can come by my place to get some.

I'm in Fishers with 2 BGEs, currently. The XL stays home. I had a Mini that we took up to our boat on Lake Michigan during the season, but I sold it. Now, the Mini Max resides at the marina. I'm looking to add a Small to the XL at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seriousaboutsmoking
Hey I’m still fairly new to SMF, ive been smoking for a couple years. I live in Rockport, In. It’s a small town right on the Ohio river in southern Indiana. I’m from across the river in Owensboro, Ky, home of the international BBQ festival. We’re pretty well known for our bbq mutton and burgoo soup and all sorts of Q. Hope there are some other people in the area as crazy about BBQ as I am. I’m glad to be a part of this forum. There are a lot of good people here ready to help the new guys improve and get more experience. My smoking has already improved. Feel free to send a message and say hi any time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky