Whats everyone's Christmas meal plans?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Anyone got anything crazy or special for the weekend and holiday?
This is our Christmas tradition:
Christmas Eve Dinner: homemade pierogies, served with polish sausage and a Brussels sprout salad.

Christmas Day Dinner: homemade lasagna. Fresh garden salad, bread and a nice Chianti.

Banjo Man out.

Merry Christmas.

What's with all the spiral hams. Aren't you guys smart enough to slice a regular ham.

Geeze

Dumb Americans - I tell ya. LOL

Chris
Yes I referred to this post.
Why would I post on a forum that gets this kind of insulting reaction that has nothing to do with the intention of the thread.

I have no clue about another thread that’s going on in your mind and if I hadn’t posted my second reply above nobody would have any idea why you think you’re being funny.

Reactions: JLeonard
christmas eve lunch: 21 Day Dry Aged Grassfed Beef Strip Loin Roast (half) that was just smoked, chilled, and will be sliced super thin, along with brisket and ham

Christmas day: 45 Day Dry Aged Grassfed Beef Standing Rib Rack/Prime Rib/Rib Roast

NYE; 21 Day Dry Aged Grassfed Beef Tenderloin Roast

Christmas Day Dinner: homemade lasagna.
We used to go to my wife's Aunts house on Christmas day for homemade ravioli . It was fantastic . People have since passed away , and that has not happened the last 5 years or so . I have the recipe , and have made it myself . Just this past year my kids went to the cousin's house and made about 150 Rav's to bring home .

Why is know one paying attention to me?
My Christmas Dinner is as followes:
Pirogies
Lasgna
Wine

Banjo man out.

Merry Christmas.
I was. Tell me more about these homemade pirogies. What's in them? How are they cooked? I've had some really good ones a few times but they remain elusive to me. Every time I buy some to try they suck.

With no kitchen or bathroom on the main floor I am hoping the weather cooperates so I can grill the 2" thick filet mignons I have. Alternate plan is to put them on the Ninja to cook but kind of need that appliance for some of the other aspects of the dinner.

Kitchen wise we are going from this:
IMG_5195.jpg

to this, the wall in the back came down.
IMG_5267.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg

Sorry about that PC. I was just trying to make light to the below thread. You'll have to read the quotes to get my humor. As some of the posts have been removed.

You are golden Chris. My 2 cents.

Reactions: gmc2003
We've bought a lot of those spiral cut hams...never tried finishing them on a smoker. How did that turn out?
Of course everything's better with more smoke!

Reactions: JLeonard
Christmas eve will be a double smoked spiral ham .
Christmas day the kids go to their Mom's side , so it will be just me . Well , me and a cattle dog bumping the back of my legs .
I look forward to these days . Not sure yet what I'll do , but might include some kraut and sausage .

That and the Beefaroni were a fast refuel lunch when I was working . Ate it cold out of the can , sitting on an empty 5 gallon bucket , in miserable weather .
Ah the memories .
Why would anyone ever buy a spiral ham?:emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
We do a big Christmas Eve dinner, which will be chicken parm followed by a gingerbreak cake with cream cheese frosting.

Tomorrow we will have a huge Christmas breakfast later in the morn that keeps us full and no one wants dinner.

Breakfast will be a "charcuterie" layout of mini pancakes, mini hasbrown casseroles, bacon, fruit tarts, french toast rollups stuffed with Nutella and things I dont recall what more my wife is making

Penne vodka for Christmas Eve.

We have a 9 lb rib roast for Christmas Day. This one will be done in the oven, as I'd smoked another one right before Thanksgiving, and we still have smoked chicken and jalapeño poppers in the fridge from two days ago.

We have no shortage of cookies from a cookie exchange, plus homemade fudge I made using Mom's old recipe. A new addition this year was a batch of butter toffee I made. It. Is. Incredible! I highly recommend this recipe.

https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/6353/best-ever-butter-toffee/

Before New Year's I plan to make my 100th cook in my 18.5" WSM. I'm thinking a boneless leg of lamb, we've done those before and really liked them...but I'm open to suggestions for other special meals from the SMF brain trust!

Our Christmas Eve tradition is fondue at home, so I've got all the makings for that. Christmas Day is usually a turkey or a ham. This year? I'm stepping it up a notch. And it started out with missing my Dad a lot this year (don't know why, he's been gone for 3 years).

So, because every Christmas he tried (and most times, failed) to make Yorkshire Pudding, I built a menu around trying (and hopefully not failing) to do it myself. So, it's smoked Prime Rib with Yorkshire Pudding (with Stove Top as a backup), roasted brussel sprouts, hericot verts and mushroom gravy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky