New Years eve dinner plans.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Planed on ham, but forgot to take it out of freezer in time. DOH!
Guess it will be leftovers and ham on Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Nice price! Mine was 16.90 a pound. Cheapest I've seen in awhile. You got them wrapped nice too! How thick are they? I do mine at around 2".
Steve they had 3 that were marked $8.99 , the rest were $14.99 . Only difference I could see was the cheaper ones said " PLD " on the label . I think that means peeled . Nice clean piece of beef . Really tender too .
I cut them 10oz . They're a couple inches thick at least . That bacon is probably 1 1/4" .
I'm thinking a hard crust on the Blackstone , then into the oven .

The whole zoo is coming to eat after church and I'm almost finished cooking our lunch/dinner for today...chicken bog...
View attachment 684662
Here's my recipe, I increased it by half...

For tomorrow, we'll have the traditional New Year's Day meal of pork roast, which I'll smoke, blackeye peas, and collards. Cooked the collards yesterday...
View attachment 684664

Done...
View attachment 684666

This is a pot full of cooked collards, but I like to have them cooked and in the freezer...
I'd love a big pot of greens for tomorrow, but the greens have been shitty down here this year.

Steve they had 3 that were marked $8.99 , the rest were $14.99 . Only difference I could see was the cheaper ones said " PLD " on the label . I think that means peeled . Nice clean piece of beef . Really tender too .
I cut them 10oz . They're a couple inches thick at least . That bacon is probably 1 1/4" .
I'm thinking a hard crust on the Blackstone , then into the oven .
PLD means peeled I believe. But, wouldn't have been easier to just add the 2 darn e's. And make things not so hard?! Lol! Though, there was a bit of silver skin still on mine. No biggie. It's too cold and windy here. So, I'll do a sear on a CI pan. Then finish in the oven.

Reactions: chopsaw
PLD means peeled I believe.
I think that's right . I'm not sure how that makes a lower price . I just might go back and see if they have the other 2 at that price if this one is good .
It's nasty here too . My Blackstone is in the garage with the pizza oven . Door will be open , but cuts down on the wind .

Reactions: Steve H
Had our Christmas dinner Christmas Eve, Turkey ham and country ham with all the trimmings.
So, for Newyear's we go to the sea 1/2-bushel oysters to be roasted, 5 lbs. gulf shrimp. 50 little neck hard shell clams (the reason I said hard shell is in Md we do have a soft-shell clams) and some catfish filets.

Warren

We need a sticky thread that lists all the acronyms that are thrown around the forum.
Hope there already isn't one now that I've posted this.
There is .
This is on the label from the processor
20231230_155353.jpg

We're taking it easy tonight, because I have to work a 12hr shift in the morning. So it's just biscuits and sausage gravy here.

Chris

We need a sticky thread that lists all the acronyms that are thrown around the forum.
Hope there already isn't one now that I've posted this. :emoji_fingers_crossed:

There's a start for you!
Found in the forum list, under support... and then how to use the forum. It's down the list aways.

Ryan

There's a start for you!
Found in the forum list, under support... and then how to use the forum. It's down the list aways.

Ryan
Well feed me peanuts and call me Dumbo. Apparently I didn't look hard enough.
Looks like it use some updating.

Thanks

Sounds great Steve , and food on your list that would make both Mona and I happy :emoji_sunglasses:

We are just having Smoked BBQ pork and Loaded mashed potato cups with of coarse gravy poured in after cooked.

Than go out at Midnight and watch the lake light up like it is New Years Eve . Oh wait it is 🎆🎆:emoji_fireworks:

Loaded mashed cooked in my large popover tins , and the pork done 2 ways some just Soya , and some with Spirited Mickie Hard Apple Cider and Mesquite sauce, it is very good

DSC_9117.JPG DSC_9124.JPG

David

We had our family Christmas last night with a big pot of chili.
I did 5 bars of smoked cream cheese, pig shots, smoked meatballs with Korean BB sauce and 3lbs of sausage. Snacking on a few leftovers today and planning a prime rib for tomorrow! Of course with collards and blackeyed peas😁

Keith
Holy cow! What a feast!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky