Whats everyone's Christmas meal plans?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’ll be getting Bryce from his grandparents ( wanted to stay over there and hang out with his cousin that’s home from college) Christmas morning. Gonna do a brunch breakfast casserole and pancake muffins when we get home. I’m sure his girlfriend will be over. Some reason she likes my cooking.
Now if some of y’all filthy animals cooking them spiral sliced hams wants to PM me an address I’ll help ya put them away. I love a spiral sliced ham. And they make the best sammichs with leftovers! And ham and biscuits too!

Jim

Ham and fried potatoes and onions! And no worries... still raining here, right on the edge of the winter storm watch so we'll see lol!

And for Chris, gmc2003 gmc2003 , this goes out to you my friend :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: :emoji_sunglasses: ... I think it was funny!

Almost forgot, I think the famous meltaways might make an appearance as well!

Ryan

We've bought a lot of those spiral cut hams...never tried finishing them on a smoker. How did that turn out?
Of course everything's better with more smoke!
Well, if you don't own a knife, they are great! I found a honey glaze online that really like. I use apple wood. Since the ham has already had some smoke, I don't want to over do it. Also, the spiral hams that I get at Costco, the top portion of the ham is not sliced. It leaves some nice chunks for scrambled eggs, pasta, and soups. And snacking...

Put on at 7:00 . Smokefire pellet grill . Ran in smokeboost until 12:00 . Glazed and bumped temps slowly to get to 350 to set the glaze . Pulled at an IT of 131 . Wrapped and resting .
It's like butter .
20231224_135259.jpg

What's with all the spiral hams. Aren't you guys smart enough to slice a regular ham.

Geeze

Dumb Americans - I tell ya. LOL

Chris
Hey, I resemble that remark! Well, I get one free from work, so thats why we are making one! :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: JLeonard
Why is know one paying attention to me?
My Christmas Dinner is as followes:
Pirogies
Lasgna
Wine

Banjo man out.

Merry Christmas.
Thats like having bacon cheeseburgers and fries on Easter sunday..........and Im in!

Reactions: JLeonard
Well, if you don't own a knife, they are great....
Yeah, I resemble that remark too, being a fan of the Costco ones. But I'll counter that you're greatly increasing the area exposed to (more) smoke and if you're glazing it, the more surface area for those delectable flavors.

Or are there folks, proud of their skills with the knife, that pre-slice theirs for the above reason?

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Also, the spiral hams that I get at Costco, the top portion of the ham is not sliced.
I had a Hormel " Cure 81 " . I was surprised to see that it was only sliced about 3" deep . Everything on the bone was solid ham . Had to finish the slices after cutting a hunk off . Looked like how people score Carp to fry it .
This was hands down the most tender ham I've ever eaten .
20231224_153516.jpg
20231224_153513.jpg

Nothing special here. Hired a company to make us a big ass charcuterie board. Emily’s making gourmet hot chocolate and we gonna make some s’mores……….and lots of bourbon. Merry Christmas everyone
Merry Christmas to you as well.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I had the flu 2 weeks ago then struggled thru last week. Wound up back at the doc-in-box(Urgent Care) yesterday morning with pneumonia. Been a struggle to motor from the bed to the recliner so no cooking or festivities here until next weekend 😷. Hopefully I'll be up cooking a Prime rib on Tuesday.
But I sure and enjoying see everyone's great skills!

Keith

Cheese Enchiladas, Grandma's Beef Enchiladas using Flour Tortillas, Beans, Rice, Guacamole, Rick's Soon-To-Be-Famous Salsa and Candied Jalapenos, Cheese Dip, Tamales, and on and on....

Sopapilla cheese cake for the Mexican theme, and Southern Pecan Pie, cause that's my fave!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky