New Years eve dinner plans.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds delicious Steve! Better get your nap in now. Wife is working till tomorrow so snacks and leftovers for me. Crab legs and shrimp for tomorrow... maybe some stuffed mini peppers as well.

Happy new year!
Ryan

I'll be the first to embarrass myself and admit to going out. The wife and I now have a tradition of going to Applebees. Very average, very uncrowded, very predictable. But as we get older, doing things a bit differently than most adds a certain degree of intimacy to an action.

Neighbor has a NYE party ever year... People just bring finger foods...

I'll be taking RyderD2013 RyderD2013 's Sausage Sliders

Steve H Steve H that sure sounds a feast! No big plans here. I am cooking pork with kraut and tomatoes for tomorrow. I loosely based that was n a post of yours in the past. Also did a big batch of a turnip / cauliflower mash with cheddar and cream cheese along with a bacon cheddar broccoli casserole. Some years I do keto fathead pizza for thanksgiving night but have been under the weather with an ass kicking cold and just tomorrows stuff has kicked my butt.

Morning all! What are your plans for New Years eve dinner?
I bought a beef tenderloin. Only had select left. But looks really good.
A touch over 2 pounds of king crab.
Crab stuffed mushrooms.
And roasted asparagus.
Can't wait for chow time!
Just smash burgers tonight with caprese salad, lil smokies and port wine cheese. conjuring up a rub for New years day, cause ribs were $1.99 at Winn Dick-me. (St Louis and baby back)

I'll be the first to embarrass myself and admit to going out. The wife and I now have a tradition of going to Applebees. Very average, very uncrowded, very predictable. But as we get older, doing things a bit differently than most adds a certain degree of intimacy to an action.
Zero shame in that! We've done that when we went on vacation over New Years.

Steve H Steve H that sure sounds a feast! No big plans here. I am cooking pork with kraut and tomatoes for tomorrow. I loosely based that was n a post of yours in the past. Also did a big batch of a turnip / cauliflower mash with cheddar and cream cheese along with a bacon cheddar broccoli casserole. Some years I do keto fathead pizza for thanksgiving night but have been under the weather with an ass kicking cold and just tomorrows stuff has kicked my butt.
Thanks Jeff! I was thinking about making the pork and kraut the other day. But. I'm gonna wait until my next batch of kraut is done.

Reactions: jcam222
The whole zoo is coming to eat after church and I'm almost finished cooking our lunch/dinner for today...chicken bog...
20231231_123852[1].jpg

Here's my recipe, I increased it by half...

For tomorrow, we'll have the traditional New Year's Day meal of pork roast, which I'll smoke, blackeye peas, and collards. Cooked the collards yesterday...
20231230_171003[1].jpg

Done...
20231230_175655[1].jpg

This is a pot full of cooked collards, but I like to have them cooked and in the freezer...

We had our family Christmas last night with a big pot of chili.
I did 5 bars of smoked cream cheese, pig shots, smoked meatballs with Korean BB sauce and 3lbs of sausage. Snacking on a few leftovers today and planning a prime rib for tomorrow! Of course with collards and blackeyed peas😁

Keith

Heck, we went out twice in the last few days... it's why I have some mexican and some prime rib leftovers to eat!

Can somewhat tell geographic location by the menu... I've never had collard greens, or a few other things from our southern neighbors!

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
My Son is making pizza in his pizza oven . Got some wings I'll do in the Ninja 6+1 . That thing makes great wings . Then the usual appetizers .
Just got finished cleaning up a whole Beef tenderloin for tomorrow .
$8.99 a pound .
20231231_102554.jpg
Filets cut from the middle section , and the big end for roasts .
The tail got cubed .
20231231_111507.jpg
Filets seasoned and into the fridge for the night .
20231231_112321.jpg

Just got finished cleaning up a whole Beef tenderloin for tomorrow .
$8.99 a pound .
Nice price! Mine was 16.90 a pound. Cheapest I've seen in awhile. You got them wrapped nice too! How thick are they? I do mine at around 2".

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky