WHAT YA SMOKING LABOR DAY! INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I have not rolled the smoke in a couple of months. It's past time to get it going again. Got a few of the family going to gather at our place for Labor Day. The request has been made!! Going to do spares cut down to Saint Louis style. I will smoke the tips another day. Fresh corn on the cob. The wife will be making her classic Baked Beans and Potato salad. Sister in law bringing her classic Banana pudding and Red Velvet cake. Should be fun had by all! Take care!

Great menu!
If you would have posted this a few days earlier I would have used
it as my "last meal" on that other thread. Copy/Paste/Done

Reactions: Hawging It
I’ve got about 40 lbs. of butts going in for a family reunion. Will also smoke a hotel pan of green beans / onion / bacon. Also throwing in about 3 dozen brats. Likely I’ll decide to throw in a bunch of steak burgers too. I love smoked sirloin burgers.

Watching the Weather Channel right now.
Looks like the weekend and Monday may get
a little tropical for our fiends in FL. Good luck to y'all.

If track stays as is I'll probably boil some hot
dogs Monday morning and then start putting
everything outside inside.

I’ve got about 40 lbs. of butts going in for a family reunion. Will also smoke a hotel pan of green beans / onion / bacon. Also throwing in about 3 dozen brats. Likely I’ll decide to throw in a bunch of steak burgers too. I love smoked sirloin burgers.

Smoked green beans sound spectacular. You have a recipe handy? I never thought of doing green beans like that.

Sounds like a plan!!

I have a party on Saturday that is half birthday party/half labor day bash. I probably have 40 people showing up.

Pulled pork (already smoked and vac sealed)
Smoked baked beans
chicken fingers
Mac and cheese
Cheesy potatoes
Cornbread
Potato salad
Antipasto
Meat and cheese tray
Hot sausage dip
Chips and dip
Fruit salad

Oh....and plenty of beer!

I have a party on Saturday that is half birthday party/half labor day bash. I probably have 40 people showing up.

Smoked baked beans
chicken fingers
Mac and cheese
Cheesy potatoes
Cornbread
Potato salad
Antipasto
Meat and cheese tray
Hot sausage dip
Chips and dipn time with good food.
Fruit salad

Wow! That will be a fun time with good food.

Looks like it's gonna be a little too BREEZY to smoke anything this Labor day....oh well, Maybe later

Looks like it's gonna be a little too BREEZY to smoke anything this Labor day....oh well, Maybe later
No doubt. I am a manager for a large claims adjusting firm. (Homeowner Claims.) I go coast to coast for last 25 years. Guess I will be heading to Florida after it hits. They are talking cat 4. That is devastating, catastrophic damage. I spent 2 years in Florida after all the hurricanes that hit Florida in 2004.

Reactions: drdon

Smoked baked beans
chicken fingers
Mac and cheese
Cheesy potatoes
Cornbread
Potato salad
Antipasto
Meat and cheese tray
Hot sausage dip
Chips and dip
Fruit salad

Hey you could bring the left overs to the Pa Gathering. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Warren

Have a wedding out of town on Saturday, so that's out. Been craving a brisket or the elusive beef ribs for awhile lately. May just end up doing some spares to get the memory of some food truck ribs I had at the racetrack out of my mouth☺.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky