What to make for a new years party?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tcole

Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
I am trying to figure out what to make for a new years party that is a good appetizer that can either be cold or out of a crock pot. It will be served hours after I make it, and I also don't have a ton of time to make it. I am pretty busy this weekend. I am thinking candied bacon or smoked Mac and cheese. Could I keep the bacon in a crock pot?

Any other ideas?

Atomic buffalo turds, after making, refrigerate and warm when needed.
The mac & cheese sounds good, and I would say yes you can keep in crock.
How about smoke wings, smoke'em ... refrig.... warm when needed.
Candy bacon good idea.
Smoked almonds
I'm sure you'll do something great

So I ended up cubing some chicken breast and soaking it in olive oil and rub for a couple hours. I then wrapped them in half strips of bacon and then added some rub on top. I smoked it for about 3.5 hours at 225, then put in a crock pot with a BBQ drizzle. It was pretty tasty but the chicken was a little dry. I may try thighs next time.

How about sushi . It’s really easy to make and you don’t have to use raw fish.
There is a recipe how to do it in my signature.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky