Weber - SnS - Leg -O-Lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Grabbed a boneless lamb roast at Sam's, 4.25 pounds. Hit it with sea salt and CBP, punched about a dozen cloves of garlic into it
DSCN3236.JPG

Set it out on the Weber 22, SnS and some hickory chunks, too dammed hot to be taking pictures out there. Had both top and bottom vents shut to half open, around 90 minutes later pulled it at a IT of 128, carryover was spot on

DSCN3240.JPG

Plated up with some zukes and spargees, nice glass of cab, mint apple jelly, no carbs, lost ten pounds in a month, still drinkin' like a fish

DSCN3242.JPG

Boy howdy I'll tell you, the smoke flavor really comes thru, not quite like on my offset, but darned close and for a lot less money. Still waiting to fire up the new 26"er, no sense getting it dirty until the weather cools down enough to have the fam over for a Q, everybody's too dammed old to be sitting out in 110º heat. Y'all stay safe out there, nothing's changed and won't for quite some time. Thanks for lookin' in! RAY

Last edited:
Ray, looks delicious and perfectly cooked. Great job. Also glad you are losing weight and still able to drink as you'd like. We're on serious diets the last 7 weeks, down 24 myself, the Mrs. is down 21, but I haven't been able to do any drinking yet. Anxiously waiting for Labor Day weekend for a "little" reward, lol. Stay safe my friend.

Reactions: sawhorseray
That looks darn good Ray! Haven't had lamb since I was way younger but think I need to give it a try in the near future! Congrats on the weight loss! We just recently got back from vacation and was on a diet too... think it was eat all you can and drink even more diet! Hope you can fire that 26 up soon!

Ryan

Simply beautiful Ray. I think you were conceived in a Weber grill my friend. you have that thing dialed in to a T. Fantastic looking meal and that lamb is spot on. Great job buddy.

Robert

Looks like it's cooked perfect . Love some Merguez , not much for sliced . Never had good lamb roast I guess .
Nice work .

Ray, looks delicious and perfectly cooked. Great job. Also glad you are losing weight and still able to drink as you'd like. We're on serious diets the last 7 weeks, down 24 myself, the Mrs. is down 21, but I haven't been able to do any drinking yet. Anxiously waiting for Labor Day weekend for a "little" reward, lol. Stay safe my friend.

Thanks Mike! Tuning up for my annual physical next month, seems the older I get the more things the doc likes to crab about. Thank you for the Like Mike, I do appreciate it! RAY

That looks darn good Ray! Haven't had lamb since I was way younger but think I need to give it a try in the near future! Congrats on the weight loss! We just recently got back from vacation and was on a diet too... think it was eat all you can and drink even more diet! Hope you can fire that 26 up soon! Ryan

Thanks Ryan! Vacation? We've hardly left the house the past 17 months, probably never get on a plane again either. Thank you for the Like Ryan, I do appreciate it! RAY

Looks like you nailed it. We about 10 degrees cooler but still to damn hot!

Thanks Brian! I don't think I'll ever get used to waking up to 86º at six in the morning, tho that only lasts half the year. RAY

Simply beautiful Ray. I think you were conceived in a Weber grill my friend. you have that thing dialed in to a T. Fantastic looking meal and that lamb is spot on. Great job buddy. Robert

Thank you Robert! Ah if that were only the case, I'd be about 45 again instead of closing in on 70! Thank you for the Like my friend, I do appreciate it! RAY

Good looking lamb! Jim

Thanks Jim, and thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

WOW! Really nice lookin' lamb roast brother! GREAT BIG LIKE! John

Thank you John! Great to see you back around these parts, hope you're feeling better! Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated! RAY

Looks like it's cooked perfect . Love some Merguez , not much for sliced . Never had good lamb roast I guess . Nice work .

Thank Rich! I've always wanted to make a batch of Merguez but it's never seemed cost effective to me. Thank you for the Like Rich, I do appreciate it! RAY

Big like....!

Thank you, and thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

Nice job on the Lamb and the Diet!...JJ

Thank you Chef, only 7-8 more pounds to go, piece of cake! Thanks for the Like Chef, I do appreciate it! RAY

Looks top notch Ray, perfect cook on that lamb! I could sit down to a plate like that any day!

Thanks Justin! I love the stuff, always a favorite growing up even tho my mama always overcooked it. Just realized I forgot to put some applesauce on the table, dammit, nice to have leftovers I reckon. Thanks you for the Like Justin, I do appreciate it! RAY

Awesome looking meal!
Lamb is a big favorite around here, but due to the cost we don’t buy it much, love the veggies too!
Nicely done!
Al

I love lamb. That is one awesome looking plate!

Thanks Norm, I love the stuff too! I'm really liking these little 4-5 pound boneless lamb roasts from Sam's Club. Used to be the only time we'd have lamb was on holiday dinners where a whole bone-in leg was on the menu. Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

I love lamb and man you nailed that on the Weber! I’m all in on zukes and asparagus too.

Thanks Jeff! Zukes and spargees are my favorite veggies along with artichokes and Brussels sprouts, I'm in a bit of a rut but I only cook what I like to eat. Thanks for the Like Jeff, I do appreciate it. RAY

Awesome looking meal! Lamb is a big favorite around here, but due to the cost we don’t buy it much, love the veggies too! Nicely done! Al

Thanks Al! Seems everything in the meat case is costing more these days. Fish used to be the most affordable proteins a person could buy, those days have been over for quite some time. Thanks for the Like Al, I do appreciate it! RAY

I love everything about that meal! Lamb looks fantastic!

Thanks Dave! As happy as I was with dinner I'm looking forward to a cold lamb sanny for lunch today, love 'em! Thanks for the Like Dave, I appreciate it! RAY

Reactions: sandyut
Fantastic looking dinner Ray! The lamb looks to be cooked perfectly and you sure can’t go wrong with zukes and asparagus for a side! Nicely done!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky