Wok, stove, oven, micro!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Well it finally warmed up into the high 60's today, the freezing 50's are gone for now and the mid-70's will be back tomorrow. And folks wonder why I live here! Trimmed up a 22oz boneless ribeye steak from Freezermart, marinated it in Yoshida sauce all day after cutting it up for the wok

DSCN4400.JPG

Had the wok setup on the patio, that's just the way we roll, 12 months a year.

DSCN4401.JPG

Meanwhile back in the kitchen the micro was getting outfitted for some pork shu mai and chicken potstickers, along with some #15 jumbo shrimp for the stove top. Would have had more pics if not for all the dammed whisky!

DSCN4402.JPG

Back out on the patio the wok got rippin' hot, tossed the veggies in with some peanut oil

DSCN4403.JPG

flopped that around for a couple of minutes and tossed in the marinated ribeye for a couple more minutes

DSCN4404.JPG

As we all know, things go fast in Woktown, into a 175º oven to stay right. Worked the scrimps on low with sesame oil, doesn't take long.

DSCN4405.JPG

Everything plated up right on time and hot: asparagus-zukes-ribeye-teriyaki- strirfry, sesame shrimp with cocktail sauce, veggie egg roll with S&S sauce, pork shu mai and chicken potstickers with soya.

DSCN4407.JPG

Of course when using chopsticks, straight whisky is the drink of choice to accompany the meal, everybody knows that. You can call it whatever you like, I'm not easily offended, I call it pretty darned tasty. Thanks for lookin' in, stay safe! RAY

Ray, that is one heck of a great meal! Everything cooked perfectly. Excellent all around. The side drinks look good too.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Well it finally warmed up into the high 60's today, the freezing 50's are gone for now and the mid-70's will be back tomorrow. And folks wonder why I live here! Trimmed up a 22oz boneless ribeye steak from Freezermart, marinated it in Yoshida sauce all day after cutting it up for the wok

View attachment 656625

Had the wok setup on the patio, that's just the way we roll, 12 months a year.

View attachment 656626

Meanwhile back in the kitchen the micro was getting outfitted for some pork shu mai and chicken potstickers, along with some #15 jumbo shrimp for the stove top. Would have had more pics if not for all the dammed whisky!

View attachment 656627

Back out on the patio the wok got rippin' hot, tossed the veggies in with some peanut oil

View attachment 656628

flopped that around for a couple of minutes and tossed in the marinated ribeye for a couple more minutes

View attachment 656629

As we all know, things go fast in Woktown, into a 175º oven to stay right. Worked the scrimps on low with sesame oil, doesn't take long.

View attachment 656630

Everything plated up right on time and hot: asparagus-zukes-ribeye-teriyaki- strirfry, sesame shrimp with cocktail sauce, veggie egg roll with S&S sauce, pork shu mai and chicken potstickers with soya.

View attachment 656631

Of course when using chopsticks, straight whisky is the drink of choice to accompany the meal, everybody knows that. You can call it whatever you like, I'm not easily offended, I call it pretty darned tasty. Thanks for lookin' in, stay safe! RAY
Excellent looking cook there.
I too cook on my wok year round even though I live in NH.
My Wok set up is DIY using old Sunshine grill parts and a dump find turkey cooker burner "More Flame!"
Wok Cooker.JPG

Mighty tasty looking Ray. My wife makes a lot of lumpia and potstickers/wontons as well as stir fry. Much of what she uses we get from Lee Lee's. Great place to shop.

Ray, that is one heck of a great meal! Everything cooked perfectly. Excellent all around. The side drinks look good too.
Thanks Mike! One of my long held beliefs is," if it requires chopsticks whisky goes well with it". Thanks for the Like Mike, I appreciate it! RAY

Reactions: MJB05615
Excellent looking cook there.
I too cook on my wok year round even though I live in NH.
My Wok set up is DIY using old Sunshine grill parts and a dump find turkey cooker burner "More Flame!"
View attachment 656632
Heck yeah Chooch, you are cookin' with gas! I used to use my turkey burner with the wok, whatever it takes to get them up to temp. Thanks for the Like Chooch, much appreciated! RAY

Got me craving Lo Mein!
Thanks Keith! No egg noodles here, got to save those carbs for the Italian side of life. Thanks for the Like Keith, much appreciated! RAY

Mighty tasty looking Ray. My wife makes a lot of lumpia and potstickers/wontons as well as stir fry. Much of what she uses we get from Lee Lee's. Great place to shop.
Thanks Sarge! I do the meat and fish myself and shop for the other stuff at Trader Joe's. Their frozen aisle is beyond reproach, best place and price for baby artichokes when it's time to make a frittata. Thanks for the Like Sarge, I do appreciate it. RAY

Last edited:
That's one heck of a meal Ray ! Nice work getting it all done at once . I know that beef had to be great , but egg rolls and pot stickers are calling me . Love 'em .

very nice set ups u 2. Hard to get a wok up to temp in an apt kitchen on some shitty low btu gas stove :<(
Thanks Negolien! Yeah, it takes some time but should get up to heat. When we moved here to AZ ended up with a electric glass top stove, not much on sliding the wok around on that surface. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it! RAY

Reactions: negolien
Very cool!!! Looks great Ray! We had take out last night. This looks much better!
Thanks Steve! I haven't had take-out or a delivery since the start of the pandemic, too chicken and don't miss it one bit. Thanks for the Like Steve, appreciate it! RAY

Very nice Ray, Great food and great weather also. You are living the life Love me some Asian food, and yours looks perfect David
Thanks David! The winter weather here is gorgeous, 73º and sunny today. The winter population increases by about 50% due to the snow birds that flock here, they enhance the challenge of driving safely, they never seem to know where they are going. Thanks for the Like David, I appreciate it. RAY

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
That's one heck of a meal Ray ! Nice work getting it all done at once . I know that beef had to be great , but egg rolls and pot stickers are calling me . Love 'em .
Thanks Rich! Having everything hot on time is the only challenge to this meal. The meat and egg rolls will keep in the 175º the oven for a little bit when finished, the shu mai and stickers turn cold fast. Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky