New Weber Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great Gift, you will need the following...lol And you thought the kettle was the expensive part?

https://www.amazon.com/only-fire-Adjustable-Rotisserie-Campfire/dp/B09F2PG7DR/ref=sxin_16_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?content-id=amzn1.sym.eba7bd4e-dedb-4570-b09b-0e101a3c98a8%3Aamzn1.sym.eba7bd4e-dedb-4570-b09b-0e101a3c98a8&crid=1ITHX3SQ1K0EJ&cv_ct_cx=onlyfire+rotisserie&keywords=onlyfire+rotisserie&pd_rd_i=B09F2PG7DR&pd_rd_r=3f995269-7333-42ae-81f9-332681040d4e&pd_rd_w=gr17J&pd_rd_wg=GgNVH&pf_rd_p=eba7bd4e-dedb-4570-b09b-0e101a3c98a8&pf_rd_r=WEZ7A4ZPFWTH72HM6766&qid=1678975864&s=lawn-garden&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=only+fire+r%2Clawngarden%2C78&sr=1-3-492482ea-2ad3-4cfe-9d1a-0efc7c5c9374-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRlEyWk80MkhXTjlUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzA1Mjc2MTJNVDlLTEhKV0I5NyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzI0MjcwT0E3UURWSkVLWk1UJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3Bfc2VhcmNoX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Congrat's on the new kettle and welcome to the club. Don't waste any charcoal doing a burn-in. As it's not needed. Just wipe down the kettle parts and wash the grates. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Point for sure
Chris

I have a natural gasser and Kamado, so my kettle doesn’t see the action it used to see. But it’s still a favorite, especially if I want to use charcoal and need more space than the Kamado provides. It’s also useful if I have multiple cooks going at the same time. And if you want to add to your Christmas list, consider the OnlyFire pizza oven. It’s awesome! Built like a tank and the low profile keeps the heat on top of the pizza ensuring that the toppings get cooked before burning the crust.

Enjoy your new setup!

1678977806639.jpeg

I have a natural gasser and Kamado, so my kettle doesn’t see the action it used to see. But it’s still a favorite, especially if I want to use charcoal and need more space than the Kamado provides. It’s also useful if I have multiple cooks going at the same time. And if you want to add to your Christmas list, consider the OnlyFire pizza oven. It’s awesome! Built like a tank and the low profile keeps the heat on top of the pizza ensuring that the toppings get cooked before burning the crust.

Enjoy your new setup!

View attachment 660380
THIS! I have been babbling about building a Tandor oven and an arched oven but I am not sure I can't make what I have do everything I need

Enjoy your new setup!

View attachment 660380
Looks cool, that must be why Onlyfire stopped making the rotisserie/pizza oven combo in the past year?

Also, is that ghost peppers in the pot to the right?

Reactions: chopsaw
Congrats on that . You're gonna love it .
My wife just bought me a Weber Master Touch 22" for my birthday. I am putting it together tonight.
Here's a couple assembly suggestions .

Make sure you get the slides for the lid bail installed correctly . The big end goes out , away from the kettle .

Lay the vanes for sweeping out the bottom in the kettle . I like to see the center attachment up off the bottom a little . That way when fastened in place it pulls down and the vanes will stay tight to the bottom .
If it touches flip them upside down on a flat surface and just flex it a little ( not to much ) .
making sure the vanes are tight will give you better control of temps .
Keep the bottom cleaned out so the vanes down get bent back up .

Congrats on that . You're gonna love it .

Here's a couple assembly suggestions .

Make sure you get the slides for the lid bail installed correctly . The big end goes out , away from the kettle .

Lay the vanes for sweeping out the bottom in the kettle . I like to see the center attachment up off the bottom a little . That way when fastened in place it pulls down and the vanes will stay tight to the bottom .
If it touches flip them upside down on a flat surface and just flex it a little ( not to much ) .
I don't know about you, but I CAN'T STAND the lid bail on my performer.

Reactions: motocrash
Looks cool, that must be why Onlyfire stopped making the rotisserie/pizza oven combo in the past year?

Also, is that ghost peppers in the pot to the right?
I’m not familiar with the rotisserie/pizza oven combo. I got the pizza oven topper several years ago. Personally, I'm not a big rotisserie user. I have one for my Kamado, but I’ve found that most things I thought I’d use it for, like chicken, are more conveniently cooked on the grates, like spatchcock chicken. The exception for me is wings. I use a Napoleon basket and it eliminates the need to flip all the wings.

1678981871992.jpeg

And the plant in the pot is just some flowery thing my wife planted, but you’ve planted the thought! It’s currently empty.

Yeah this is what bugs me about my SnS kettle. The tips of all five vanes protrude up away from the bowl! This makes a pretty significant air intake leak. I don't see any way to fix it. It's a pretty blatant design flaw.

1200x800_e36d0a53-4c27-4231-8a4e-11438fc744f9_900x.png

Thankfully, I still have my old Weber kettle too, so... I'm good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky