Weber Kettle & Small SD Boule's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Made the clever carrot basic SD recipe. Made 2 small boule's (after dividing the dough)

Baked in the kettle with the vortex inverted (large opening up) coals on each side of the vortex. Put my cast right in the middle over vt. Grate temp was 473

Overnight proof was 10 hours.
sbw1.JPG

Foldes and then divided.
sbw.JPG

Both covered and the first rise.

sbw2.JPG

The rest is SD binder for future ref.

Bake covered for 20 mins. Rotate the dutch at the first 10 mins. Done for both
sbw3.JPG

sbw4.JPG

Now take id off dutch and bake for 30 mins. bread IT needs to be between 205-211.
sbw5.JPG

Rest and cool for 30 mins.
sbw6.JPG

Man, that bread looks perfect! And I'm sure it tastes just as good.

I would love to learn about Sour Dough but it would be contrary to what my Dr. tells me. She says I need to lay off the carbs, darn it!

I would love to learn about Sour Dough but it would be contrary to what my Dr. tells me. She says I need to lay off the carbs, darn it!

All things in moderation including moderation!

Reactions: Colin1230

I hear ya

Being a diabetic i have to watch how much bread i eat. I been making extra for folks around here.

Everyone went to a bbq dance up at the pool. Im waiting for them to come back so we can taste em.

IMG_5434.JPG

Bottoms.
IMG_5416.JPG

Reactions: chopsaw
I guess I could do SD like I do my Q; eat a little and give away a lot. :emoji_blush:
Yup

Just bout everyone i know likes bread.

And a note, SD bread is actually better for you than normal bread because of all the active goodies in the starter.....

The bread flour sure does make a nice loaf.
IMG_5436.JPG

My Amish wife has to use amish butter
IMG_5437.JPG

IMG_5438.JPG

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky