MY BUFFALO WINGS — WEBER KETTLE STYLE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
Here is my now go to buffalo style chicken wing’s recipe. I am no longer deep frying chicken wings. I bought a family pack of chicken wings and marinated them overnight in my simple marinade recipe. Its my go to for chicken wings: Zesty Italian Dressing and 2 heaping tablespoons of Strawberries Rub. Fired up the 26 inch Weber Kettle using Cowboy Lump charcoal. (This stuff burns hot!) I set up my fire using the Vortex that I received as a gift from civilsmoker civilsmoker . (Awesome guy) Got the fire going and put the wings on the grate and the wings where done in 35 minutes! (I rotated the lid of the kettle every 10 minutes) Threw them wings directly into a bowl and poured my homemade buffalo sauce on top. (One stick of unsalted butter, half cup of Franks Red Hot) Mixed with a spoon. Time to eat boyyyss! Wife made an apple pie for dessert. I’m plum full!!!! Enjoy the pictures!
IMG_2884.jpeg
IMG_2885.jpeg
IMG_2886.jpeg
IMG_2887.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg
IMG_2889.jpeg
IMG_2890.jpeg
IMG_2892.jpeg
IMG_2895.jpeg
IMG_2891.jpeg

Glad to see that scrap piece of stainless is still going strong! That was from the old vent hood from our kitchen remodel…… May it roast many more wings yet to come!!

Dang those look fantastic by the way!

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Looks delicious yank. How do you keep the edge so nice between the grass and the stones around the shed or whatever that is in picture 7?
Thanks for the compliment! And for the grass and rocks: That is Zoysia grass! High dollar shit for a hillbilly/yankee living in the Ozarks!
Awesome. Love my vortex
Thanks Mucks!
Wi da look great. But I noticed the grass too. Haha looks perfect! Thumbs up for both
Thanks! And that Zoysia grass is da bomb!
Glad to see that scrap piece of stainless is still going strong! That was from the old vent hood from our kitchen remodel…… May it roast many more wings yet to come!!

Dang those look fantastic by the way!
Thanks bud! Awesome job on the vortex!

Oh hells yeah Yank....vtex wings and the Minnie beer pole for the Win!!!
Thanks for the compliment!!
Looks great Justin! I second it, mini Beer Pole for the win!
Thanks! Yea my PP works pretty good. (Pilsner Pole)
Those wings look Delicious!! And the apple pie Damn! Awesome meal!!
Thanks! Apple pie was delicious!!!
There is no better way to do wings than doing them Vortex style, and yours look awesome. Great job. You did Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 proud with that beer pole!
Thanks! Love the vortex
That plated pic is perfect !
Thanks! Appreciate it!
Oh man! A great looking meal....And that apple pie to top it off! Winner all the way around!

Jim
Thanks!
Man, that ALL looks good!
Thank you!

Those look fantastic. I try but hit or miss on Vortex wings for me. Sometimes good sometimes only all right, just can't get the skin to be really crispy and sometimes the wings taste fatty. But maybe I just have to accept that Vortex wings won't be that crispy. Yours do look great tho, I would take that result for sure! Nice work.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Those look fantastic. I try but hit or miss on Vortex wings for me. Sometimes good sometimes only all right, just can't get the skin to be really crispy and sometimes the wings taste fatty. But maybe I just have to accept that Vortex wings won't be that crispy. Yours do look great tho, I would take that result for sure! Nice work.
What are you using as fuel? I switched to lump charcoal, gets super hot, which is what you want with the vortex. The skin vs deep fried and “my way” wings is not as crispy. It still has that “crunch’ but not like it was breaded and deep fried. Anyways, keep trying. Get your fire hot!

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky