Wanting a Griddle Camp Chef vs Blackstone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pulled the trigger on the Camp Chef, for $220 you can't go wrong. Will post up some assembled pics.
griddle.JPG

Make sure you get the separate box that has the griddle top in it!
The griddle box was at the bottom of the big box, it weighs more than the entire grill. It was packed very good and went together in about 25 minutes. I will season it tomorrow and break it in with something tomorrow night. Seems like a very good unit.
griddle1.JPG
griddle2.JPG
griddle3.JPG
griddle4.JPG
griddle5.JPG

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Nice! You will really enjoy it. Have fun flipping spatulas!!

Nice purchase. Can you get heat/ deflector shields to put over burner tubes if used as regular grill ?
Edit: my bad, it looks like there is in 3rd pic

yes it came with the shields, not sure I am going to grill on it much as my gasser is hooked up to my house's natural gas. It is nice to know that I can use it if needed. I am really looking forward to doing breakfast, cheese steaks, smash burgers, Gyros, fajitas and anything else this great forum can think up!

Reactions: chopsaw
Get a couple of the cheap plastic squirt bottles if you don't already have some .

I am looking for a griddle and there are two that I am considering, the first is the Blacktone ProSeries 3 Burner 28" from Walmart that has a fold down metal cover for $174.00, the other is a 4 burner model (Model: FTG600BJ ) camp chef at a wholesale club on special for $220.00.

Both seem to have 600 sq" of cooking surface
Differences:
Blackstone: 3 burners, rear grease trap, metal fold down cover

Camp Chef: 4 burners, front grease channel/trap, soft cover, converts to a real grill if griddle is removed.

What say this great community?
Where did you end up getting this? I am looking and it sounds like you got a great deal.

I got the Camp Chef from BJ's wholesale club for the $220. It is very nice although I think I like the rear grease trap design on the blackstone, but still loving this.

Reactions: gsharrow
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky