Camp Chef 14 inch steel griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Have a Camp Chef Explorer 2 burner propane stove.

Been looking at getting a 14x32 inch steel griddle for it.

Anyone have any experience with this griddle?

Thanks

I have roughly the same stove.
Got it close to 30 years ago when Camp Chef was known as Outdoor Cookers.
The single burner griddle that came with it doesn't have grease management and uneven heating. Tried using a Lodge griddle, but uneven heating.
I looked at the Camp Chef griddle and the "even heat" feature.
I bought a Blackstone 2 burner for $99

I'll tag thirdeye thirdeye as I know he has the stove, but not sure if the griddle

Reactions: bill ace 350
I have roughly the same stove.
Got it close to 30 years ago when Camp Chef was known as Outdoor Cookers.
The single burner griddle that came with it doesn't have grease management and uneven heating. Tried using a Lodge griddle, but uneven heating.
I looked at the Camp Chef griddle and the "even heat" feature.
I bought a Blackstone 2 burner for $99

I'll tag thirdeye thirdeye as I know he has the stove, but not sure if the griddle
thanks!

1pmlZIU.jpg
I do have this model griddle. There is a heat diffuser ring on the bottom side that does a pretty good job, but it's not as even cooking as my friends Blackstone. It comes with a ring attachment to hold a grease can, but I upgraded to the rectangular grease catcher.

I have two of the same griddle that thirdeye thirdeye has above. They do work good but they do have a hot spot cause of the central burner, but that can be a good thing. I love mine and have had them for at least 15 years now. I have the pro 60 and a grease tray for each, a black stone will be more uniform if you want a larger uniform plate to work from. I happen to like the differential….. had the kitchen top set up with differential when I was in the kitchen……

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky