Venison Round Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

glgoodwin

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Joplin, Mo
I had friend give me a venison round roast that is about 8 pounds. Just wondered if any body has smoked one of these and could give me some advice.

thanks for any help!!

I might would marinade it in some MoJo Chrillo then pin some bacon on it and smoke it at about 225 till I got an internal of 140 then foil and cooler for 30 minutes or so

How about some venison pastrami? Id would just find a good rub that you like, put it in the smoker, spray it down every 30 minutes or so with apple juice or cherry juice until you have an internal temp of 140, wrap in foil for an hour and enjoy. I absolutley love the taste of venison so anyway its cooked it fine with me.

Maybe even a good injection with something that you like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky