Fresh Milled Flour PT II

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
I'm finally milling some wheat berries.
These will give me bread flour with 14% protein
fmf0.JPG

This is how the hopper attaches to the mill.
There is a cup that snaps to the lid of the hopper inside, filter is on top
fmf1.JPG

fmf2.JPG

Mill needs to be running before you add any berries.
fmf3.JPG

This company makes a hopper that holds a clear bag so you have fresh bagged flour.
fmf4.JPG

fmf5.JPG

Five pounds of hard white berries gave me about 8 lbs of fresh bread flour.
fmf6.JPG

Vac and in the freezer. Left is 1195g/right 1200g
IMG_8200.jpg

View attachment 692959

This is how the hopper attaches to the mill.
There is a cup that snaps to the lid of the hopper inside, filter is on top
View attachment 692960

View attachment 692961

Mill needs to be running before you add any berries.
View attachment 692962

This company makes a hopper that holds a clear bag so you have fresh bagged flour.
View attachment 692963

View attachment 692964

Five pounds of hard white berries gave me about 8 lbs of fresh bread flour.
View attachment 692965
Fuzzy Math :emoji_laughing:

Well folks really would be surprised using fresh ground, like fresh made spaghetti vs dry. wish I could eat either in a decent amount to do this.

Interesting. Seems to be a higher end machine.
I'm lucky enough to have a friend who owns this flour mill and get his flour for pennies on the dollar.
Beer drinking buddy you might say lol

Where do you get the wheat berries? Local or mail order?

And are they cheap enough to justify the mill cost, or is this more just trying to make the best flour you can (and know what is in it and where it came from)?

Where do you get the wheat berries? Local or mail order?

And are they cheap enough to justify the mill cost, or is this more just trying to make the best flour you can (and know what is in it and where it came from)?
When I saw this post I looked to see what the cost of the mill was and almost fell off my chair. I could buy a lot of flour for what they want for that thing. lol I have made rice flour in my blender a few times that I needed it. I suppose if you went commercial selling it at different venues it would pay for itself but I don't use that much flour to justifiy the cost.
Living were I do lots of places to get different grains for free as we are the biggest inland port for grain ships. Just need to go to the grain elevators and fight the pigeons for it.

Waiting on part 3, going to be something great made with this flour, baking is very scientific, take all the ingredients and throw in a bowl and it tastes bland, mix in a certain order and Bam great things. I didn't know that until the wife attempted banana bread.

Reactions: KBFlyer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky