Venison Backstraps #2 (SV—Fork-Tender & Tasty)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Venison Backstraps #2 (SV—Fork-Tender & Tasty)

Time to try another couple pieces of Venison Backstrap in my “Sous Vide Supreme”.
The first time I tried this was right after Mrs Bear got her second new Hip, and they were Great.

So when my Son brought these Backstraps up to my house, I cut them into SV Bagging Size, rinsed them good, patted them Dry, and seasoned them.
Worcestershire Powder, CBP, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder, then bagged two pieces in each bag, Double Sealed, and into the freezer.

This is the second Pack we’re going to chow down on.
The first pair of pieces were Awesome, so I’m gonna do these exactly like I did them.
So Into the Sous Vide it went at 8 AM at 134°.
Then at 4 PM I removed it, Dried it, and this time I seared one at a time for each night’s Supper.
Mrs Bear added some Roasted Red Taters, and some mixed Veggies for the first night.

The second night she had the same sides, but I had leftover Roasted Reds & some sautéed Shrimp with my Backstrap slices.

It was Awesome—Plenty Tasty, Juicy, and Fork-Tender. Even Mrs Bear liked it. So this Pair of Backstraps confirms that 8 hours at 134° was just right for Venison Backstraps.

Then the next morning I ate some more slices with my Morning Eggs, and finished up the leftover Roasted Reds.

I still got plenty for tonight’s Supper!!!

Bear

Original 8 cleaned up pieces of Venison Backstrap:
IMG_1695.jpg

Two pieces seasoned & sealed for the SV:
IMG_2186.jpg

Racked & ready for my Sous Vide Supreme:
IMG_2187.jpg

Fresh out of the SV, patted dry & ready to Sear:
IMG_2188.jpg

Starting the sear:
IMG_2189.jpg

Almost done searing:
IMG_2191.jpg

Seared & ready for slicing:
IMG_2192.jpg

First piece all sliced up:
IMG_2193.jpg

Bear's First Helping:
IMG_2194.jpg

Next Morning's Breakfast

Two Eggs, some Leftover Backstrap, & leftover Roasted Reds:
IMG_2197.jpg

Next Night's Supper

Searing the second piece I SV'd the night before:
IMG_2201.jpg

Sauteed Shrimp in Butter:
IMG_2199.jpg

Bear's Supper:
IMG_2203.jpg

Beautiful !! Looks mighty tasty You Batchin it I noticed the Shrimp :D

I "LIKE" it

Gary

Man that looks great Bear.

One of these days I will get a SV unit.

Nice lookin SV cook Bear, those meals look awesome! Gonna have to try an SV backstrap on our next deer!

Thanks Buddy!!
That SV really improves a lot of things, and Backstraps is one of them!!

John

When you know Venison is waiting for ya; the drive ain't to bad...sides, I gotta give my Mustang some thing fun to do this summer right? LOL

Nice looking plate of vittles you got there Bear.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky