Various Cheeses

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by nepas, Jan 6, 2011.

1. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

My 4 rack Bradley is setup for all my cold smoking. I use allot of hickory, apple, maple when i cold smoke cheese. Here are some i did not long ago.  I date and vac seal the cheese. Some i have had for 9 months sealed.

[​IMG]

2. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Man thats a lot of cheese.  Looks like some good eatin you got there.  

Al

3. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Tis the season to cold smoke, I agree I have some from about 11 months ago and still good.

4. les3176

les3176 Master of the Pit

now that i got my amazen smoker i will give cheese a try for sure

5. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I am doing some fresh mozzarella tonite in preparation for our 4H cooking class this weekend. We are going to stuff meatballs with fresh smoked mozzarella and I need more.  The best part is that as soon as it is cool we can eat it. No two week wait. I have about 5-6 # of hard cheeses I need to get some time to smoke though  

6. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now that is a load of cheeses. Do you want my address?? I bet you will really like it too.

7. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

HAHA

I do allot of cold smoked cheeses. It makes great gifts and its better and cheaper than store bought.