Triple Rack on my diy rib hanger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

EdP

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
Haven’t posted in a while, no time for smoking.

We lucked out with a warm day for an outdoor bday party.

SPOG with some paprika, and a half split of hickory @250 degrees.

Probably another hour or so.

A82C4792-2200-4875-9B54-749BD2356E93.jpeg
ADA7CC6B-EF2C-4B68-B599-5F57893926B8.jpeg
11F4BC7C-407F-40C4-9758-46C06C3F0299.jpeg
829AA3E8-1084-4CCA-AA2F-3DC9E4B42DC6.jpeg
4BB58667-1FB0-49F9-9AD6-103CCE0837A8.jpeg

I think your ribs are looking better every batch, or is it just me? I do like hanging ribs. Are you maybe dialing in the fire a little more?

Here is a funny observation, and not that it matters at all.... but I noticed I stick my ribs from the bone side, your's are from the meat side.
pRs2cvj.jpg

Nice setup. They are some pretty ribs!
I imagine FALL OFF THE BONE Ribs wouldn't work too good. :emoji_blush: ...JJ

I think your ribs are looking better every batch, or is it just me? I do like hanging ribs. Are you maybe dialing in the fire a little more?

Here is a funny observation, and not that it matters at all.... but I noticed I stick my ribs from the bone side, your's are from the meat side.
View attachment 466341

The hanger’s working well, I didn’t brush any sauce on them this time because there wasn’t much room to work. I turned up the heat a bit at the end.

Juicy looking ribs - Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

I’ve used this hanger a few times now, and I’ve noticed the ribs cook a little differently at the top vs the bottom.

So far, each time I’ve hooked the thicker end.

The top thicker part always comes out 100% awesome, and as you work towards the thinner end they get a little drier/tougher. I assumed the juices running down would moisten that thinner part.

I’m thinking next time trying hooking the thinner end and seeing what happens.

Another idea would be to flip them with the hooks on the other thinner end about half way through.

I’ve used this hanger a few times now, and I’ve noticed the ribs cook a little differently at the top vs the bottom.

So far, each time I’ve hooked the thicker end.

The top thicker part always comes out 100% awesome, and as you work towards the thinner end they get a little drier/tougher. I assumed the juices running down would moisten that thinner part.

I’m thinking next time trying hooking the thinner end and seeing what happens.

Another idea would be to flip them with the hooks on the other thinner end about half way through.
Nice job on the ribs. I hang mine from the thinner end. And I do cut my ribs in half too. Seems to work well for me. Anyways, your ribs look good bud!

Nice job on the ribs. I hang mine from the thinner end. And I do cut my ribs in half too. Seems to work well for me. Anyways, your ribs look good bud!

I'm going to hook them like that next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky