Tri-Tip Beef Jerky + A new way to use AMNPS!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forgiven1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
Hi all,

I've been working on this recipe for about a year or so, and I have to say it is AMAZING! ... The taste first and foremost from the beef and fat plus the richness added from the hickory mesquite combo is out of this world.

I have also discovered a new way to use my AMNPS inside my tiny MES 30 smoker. Using a fan for conduction not only makes my jerky dry faster and more evenly it prevents any acrid flavor at all from accumulating on the meat. I have run it this way on very thin meats for up to 11 hours in the MES with no issue.

Please let me know what you think!!

3lb Tritip roast with fat cap sliced
2c Kikoman soy sauce
2 TB Wrights liquid smoke
Blend wet ingredients with meat

1TB Kosher Salt
1/2 TB Brown Sugar
1/2 TB Black Pepper
1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
1/2 TSP Onion Powder
1/8 TSP Cayenne Pepper
Sprinkle all of rub on meat

Preheat smoker to 275 F, place meat in smoker on racks and reduce heat to 160F. Smoke with 70/30 blend hickory and mesquite. After 30-40 min reduce heat to 130F. Using fan induction method this takes about 3 hours.

Last edited:
Awesome video!
I would have never thought to try a TT for jerky, but down here in FL, TT is very expensive. Nobody carries it & you have to special order it. But someday I will have to give this a try!
Al

Awesome video!
I would have never thought to try a TT for jerky, but down here in FL, TT is very expensive. Nobody carries it & you have to special order it. But someday I will have to give this a try!
Al

That is interesting Al. Where I live Tritip is actually reasonable on price. $6 per lb regular and $4.99-5.50 on sale. I've not been to Florida in many years (2004)but another thing that struck me as being very different is the amount of Burger Kings you have. Where I live in Branson they are super rare. We had one in town (zero now)and maybe a couple in Springfield but seemed like Burger Kings in florida were like Seven Elevens in Los angels. Two on every street corner...

One thing to watch with any fatty jerky is it will spoil faster than jerky without fat. If it lasts a week you better be looking to freeze it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky