Today is a banner day in the Scarbelly House

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
I have tried to retire a couple of times but stuff keeps happening like Mrs Scar gettin laid off. Today we both signed offers to go back to work  and life is good.

congratulations on the jobs, in todays world any job is a good job

remember the good old days when retirement was a sure  thing?  i'm not even 50 yet any wonder if retirement will come

Whatever makes life go in your direction. Congrats to the both of you. It's all good my friend.

I guess that's good.
icon_smile.gif

Congratulations!! It's sure not the same work world our parents saw, is it? My dad retired around 72, got hired by a new firm, re-retired after a couple years, then did pro-bono work for local Audobon for a few years, then he re-re-retired. My mom retired at about 75, when dad retired for the final time.  Retirement doesn't mean what it once did!  Hope you are both happy and have a great experiences at your new jobs! 

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes. We are both happy to be back in the workforce.

Rob- look at it this way, I won't be bugging you for free meals any more LOL

icon_cool.gif

Yea Yeppie yahoo the scarbellies are woorking again. I wish that i could hear that song now.

That's Great news.  With you guys paying back into the system I might have a chance to retire soon!! Thanks... and glad to hear you seem happy to be working.

Dan

Congrats my friend!  I plan on going at least 10 more maybe 12 or oh Yeah.  My bucket list!  1st off I want to get fired as a wally world greater!  LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky