• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Today is a banner day in the Scarbelly House

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I have tried to retire a couple of times but stuff keeps happening like Mrs Scar gettin laid off. Today we both signed offers to go back to work  and life is good.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2009
congratulations on the jobs, in todays world any job is a good job

remember the good old days when retirement was a sure  thing?  i'm not even 50 yet any wonder if retirement will come

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Whatever makes life go in your direction. Congrats to the both of you. It's all good my friend.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Well I hope you still have time to check in once & awhile :)

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Congratulations!! It's sure not the same work world our parents saw, is it? My dad retired around 72, got hired by a new firm, re-retired after a couple years, then did pro-bono work for local Audobon for a few years, then he re-re-retired. My mom retired at about 75, when dad retired for the final time.  Retirement doesn't mean what it once did!  Hope you are both happy and have a great experiences at your new jobs! 

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Congrats Gary. That is awesome.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
dude, quit taken all the jobs
 congrats to the both of you!!!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Thanks to all of you for the well wishes. We are both happy to be back in the workforce.

Rob- look at it this way, I won't be bugging you for free meals any more LOL

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Yea Yeppie yahoo the scarbellies are woorking again. I wish that i could hear that song now.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
That's Great news.  With you guys paying back into the system I might have a chance to retire soon!! Thanks... and glad to hear you seem happy to be working.

Dan

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
You did write into the contract, "Time Off For Posting On Forum".

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jan 13, 2008
Congrats my friend!  I plan on going at least 10 more maybe 12 or oh Yeah.  My bucket list!  1st off I want to get fired as a wally world greater!  LOL

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.