Three firsts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

babydocsmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2022
Northern Utah
New Father’s Day RT-1250!!

First cook on the grill, first time using lumberjack pellets, first time doing short ribs.

IMG_9167.jpeg

IMG_9168.jpeg

Turned out beautiful! Tasted fantastic. Don’t know why I waited so long!!

That looks delish, You will enjoy the RT-1250 I have made some great food on mine. What LJ pellets did you use? I've ben mixing Cherry and the Pecan at about 2/3 Cherry to 1/3 Pecan.

Reactions: babydocsmoke
That looks delish, You will enjoy the RT-1250 I have made some great food on mine. What LJ pellets did you use? I've ben mixing Cherry and the Pecan at about 2/3 Cherry to 1/3 Pecan.
I used their combo cherry / oak / hickory bag. Tasted great. I'm gonna try a few in the Lumberjack line, but it hard to change what works well.

New Father’s Day RT-1250!!

First cook on the grill, first time using lumberjack pellets, first time doing short ribs.

View attachment 668291

View attachment 668292

Turned out beautiful! Tasted fantastic. Don’t know why I waited so long!!
Those look AMAZING!!!

Smoked Plate or Short ribs are my favorite smoked BBQ of all the items out there. Even more so than brisket. Welcome to the beef rib world! :D

Those look AMAZING!!!

Smoked Plate or Short ribs are my favorite smoked BBQ of all the items out there. Even more so than brisket. Welcome to the beef rib world! :D
Look great, and congrats on the new grill.
Thanks guys!
That smoke ring looks fantastic. I agree, cooked to perfection.
Yeah I was really impressed too. Looking forward to seeing what this thing can do!!
I usually run a 50/50 blend of either cherry/pecan, or cherry/hickory if I can't get the pecan.
I picked up a bag of pecan. I've never really used pecan for anything and I've always wanted to. We'll see!!

Thanks guys!

Yeah I was really impressed too. Looking forward to seeing what this thing can do!!

I picked up a bag of pecan. I've never really used pecan for anything and I've always wanted to. We'll see!!
Just a heads up, give pecan a try on something simple like chicken so you know what to expect. I find my pecan pellets to be quite weak alone so it's a homemade "blend only" pellet for me.

WOW!! What an amazing looking cook. that'd be fantastic if you'd been doing it for years but for a first time (3 of them actually) that's some very impressive work.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky