This place is screwin me up!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke freak

StickBurners
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Kansas
Been cookin this beautiful 12# brisket for at least 5 hours now. Temps rarely strayed from 220. Even with 30 mph wind. Come in here for a short while and temp drops to 196! Dang it! OK so I got it back where I want it and what do I do??? Im back here again!! See you later guys. Its back to the fire for me.

Patients and perseverence my friend! Pop a top on a cool tasty beverage and ride it out!

I shoulda known!

When I was tendin the fire I heard a semi drive by on the highway but since I didnt see it I know it wasnt there!! Right?

PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
Friend; I've got better things to do with my time; I had such good look with all 5 of the briskets I've smoked so far; that I am not going to change much. I get them in the smoker for 6 1/2 or more hours and finish in the oven at home. I double foil them right from the smoker and put in an insulated cooler. I noticed on the 2nd 2 briskets that had a deeper smoke ring; that I had been smoking at under 200 deg using Hickory chunks in a double foiled pouch. I do leave the remote thermometer in the brisket and lay it in a deep Aluminum foiled oven roaster pan to prevent juices from leaking in the oven. I take it up to 195-200 deg internal temp in the oven set for 300 deg. Maybe other people have better ways; but I can't see a reason to change if it ain't broke; don't fix it. I do rest the brisket before putting it in the fridge and remove the thermometer probe and tighten the foil right after taking it out of the oven. Hope this helps because I am pretty new tol be this successful so far. Good Luck
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks like Bubba has groupies!

Anybody who's driver is called June Bug... oh never mind....

I purchased an airport extreme to increase my wireless range at the house. I can now sit by my smoker while reading my smoking forums on my laptop. Wife just looks at me and rolls her eyes
icon_rolleyes.gif
but she did eat plenty of the finished brisket last night!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky