They must be imposters surely !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wade

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 12, 2013
Kent, UK
For the past week I have had 4 "Polish" builders doing some work on my new kitchen conversion. Conversation is not what you would call fluent due to the language barrier but we understand each other enough to communicate. Even though I have asked the same question several times in different ways it is clear that NONE of them have a handed down family recipe for sausage. None have fathers or even grandfathers that have even made sausage. One does not even like sausage! Surely they must be imposters...

Does not Like Sausage??? You must of hired a Polish Vegetarian! City boys are less likely to have family recipes or have ever made any type of Kielbasa...JJ

I find that kind of sad, that the old ways are being lost so fast.

It's like they think stuff is supposed to taste like the store bought stuff.

You ever try to feed a kid today something homemade?

Well, them guys don't know what they're missing.

Ed

For the past week I have had 4 "Polish" builders doing some work on my new kitchen conversion. Conversation is not what you would call fluent due to the language barrier but we understand each other enough to communicate. Even though I have asked the same question several times in different ways it is clear that NONE of them have a handed down family recipe for sausage. None have fathers or even grandfathers that have even made sausage. One does not even like sausage! Surely they must be imposters...
I'd bet they love McDonalds fries and know all about "Hot Pockets". I know youngsters here who don't know what Brisket is, but they love Taco Bell....
We live in a different world, Wade.

Well not everyone has seen the light.

hopefully they atleast were doing a great job.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky