The smoked & grown combo plate!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So today was one of those days when……well every thing sounded good……

So a few beef back ribs went in the RT 1250 @ 265 (my usual temp) and after they were on for a bit more than 90 min some chicken thigh biscuits (marinated in some kinders carna marinade).
F144B957-078C-43BA-9C38-23B7C8423A81.jpeg

Recently I have changed up how I do my biscuits, I now do them at 265 and I pull them at INT of 160 ish and rest….this combination just seems to work for me….no more 225 and INT til 185….. they take about 2 hours exactly every time….

69D906E4-0EB3-40AA-AAEC-B1CF5062992C.jpeg

I also added some “sticks” to hold the shape as they go from skin side to non skin side…… fyi, I smoke on the grate for 30 min, then 45 skin down (butter, classic olive, & some marinade), followed by 45 min. skin up…..I do baste them a few times as well….

Bingo beef rib apps…..3 hours @ 265 followed by 30 min wrapped rest at 170
75880878-4841-4F81-87B9-CFE01425AE7D.jpeg

And finally the combo plate….. some garden maters, and beef apps followed by a chicken cilantro lime salad…….
ECB78EE3-BF7F-4BEA-81E3-FC96950DC94F.jpeg

Just love these things!!!!
812ADD79-6671-4201-8BAE-545991890CBB.jpeg

The combo money wallet shot!
F99F82E5-93C7-4F25-AEDD-3BFBA633FD78.jpeg

This was a good salad!!!
6C02DC18-4EDA-4949-9CCF-2DBE3B737045.jpeg

Thanks for indulging me and my taste buds……

Dang! That combination of smoked meats and fresh veggies has me hooked. Very nice work, nice post and I can taste that all in pictures. Very well done.

So today was one of those days when……well every thing sounded good……

So a few beef back ribs went in the RT 1250 @ 265 (my usual temp) and after they were on for a bit more than 90 min some chicken thigh biscuits (marinated in some kinders carna marinade).
View attachment 674974

Recently I have changed up how I do my biscuits, I now do them at 265 and I pull them at INT of 160 ish and rest….this combination just seems to work for me….no more 225 and INT til 185….. they take about 2 hours exactly every time….

View attachment 674975
I also added some “sticks” to hold the shape as they go from skin side to non skin side…… fyi, I smoke on the grate for 30 min, then 45 skin down (butter, classic olive, & some marinade), followed by 45 min. skin up…..I do baste them a few times as well….

Bingo beef rib apps…..3 hours @ 265 followed by 30 min wrapped rest at 170
View attachment 674978

And finally the combo plate….. some garden maters, and beef apps followed by a chicken cilantro lime salad…….
View attachment 674976
Just love these things!!!!
View attachment 674977
The combo money wallet shot!
View attachment 674979
This was a good salad!!!
View attachment 674980
Thanks for indulging me and my taste buds……
I stopped reading and was almost drooling at the pictures

Dang! That combination of smoked meats and fresh veggies has me hooked. Very nice work, nice post and I can taste that all in pictures. Very well done.
Much appreciated SW! Meat and veg is a thing in my books for sure!
I stopped reading and was almost drooling at the pictures
Many thanks CS! It was a no talking kind of dinner…just yummy!
It all looks great but that chicken salad especially caught my attention.
Thanks 90! The salad was the primary meal plan but had some sale ribs and I have mater out my ears so the combo plate was born
Now thats a spread I would love to sit down to!
Thanks Brian, it was a sit down kinda meal for sure!

Hell yes, beautiful work there Civil! I just yesterday broke down a standing rib roast, got some beef ribs for the kettle. RAY
Thanks RAY, and Oh man beef back ribs are just yum! We have been getting really meaty ones lately and just a couple make a full meal!
Nice meal ! Cooked perfectly .

That's becoming true across the board for me , but certainly for chicken .

That's it in my opinion . I spun a whole bird yesterday in the kettle . The thigh meat was 185 at 1 1/2 hours . Perfect .
Much appreciated chop! Come to think about my temp and cook times….the only thing I do at 225 are these “mini” baby back ribs we get that have no loin meat on. I do prime rib a 235, but have pretty much gravitated to 265 for almost every thing…..

Oh as a side not I aim for a INT of 185 for thighs on “unprocessed” thighs but for these biscuits it’s INT of 165 after the rest. The reason is I de-bone them then trim almost all the fat and scrape the skin so it’s see through. I’ve found that since there is very little excess fat to render much more above INT 165 can fry them……. They are buttery and full of flavor.
Man what a meal!! Pics are drool worthy for sure.
Thank jcam! I’m skipping breakfast this am for sure!
WOWSA! Like others have said....drool worthy all the way around!

Jim
Many thanks Jim! It was a tasty feast for sure!

Beautiful pictures and I'm sure the meal was absolutely delicious. Nice work !
Thanks Winter! It was a crazy put together fast meal as lots was happening but was pleasantly surprised with how well it came together.

Man that looks incredible!! That whole meal is just drool worthy and absolutely gorgeous. Gotta say though, the maters jumped out at me more than anything. IMHO there's not much in this world better than homegrown tomatoes. I'm so sick and tired of seeing pink, yellowish, or even green tomatoes from the store. Tracy got the flooring in most of the house redone a couple weeks ago so next year is my project....and it's gonna be a greenhouse. Been wanting to build one for several years but it keeps getting bumped for other projects. I'm standing my ground next year though and getting it...no matter what.

Robert

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Man that looks incredible!! That whole meal is just drool worthy and absolutely gorgeous. Gotta say though, the maters jumped out at me more than anything. IMHO there's not much in this world better than homegrown tomatoes. I'm so sick and tired of seeing pink, yellowish, or even green tomatoes from the store. Tracy got the flooring in most of the house redone a couple weeks ago so next year is my project....and it's gonna be a greenhouse. Been wanting to build one for several years but it keeps getting bumped for other projects. I'm standing my ground next year though and getting it...no matter what.

Robert
Much appreciated Robert! Yea the maters are perfect now, it was so cold this spring that ours came on late, but hey I’m not complaining! Look at the ones below!
Every bit of that looks amazing !!
Many thanks Jax!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky