Texas Is BACK!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yet all the Drs & Scientists are warning not to do this yet, because of all the Variants exploding. Abbott should be getting ready for the next cold spell.
Over the past year, every time we started gaining on it, some would do stupid things & set the whole country back.
I wish it were time, but I doubt it.

Bear

Last edited:
In July Gov Abbot declared a statewide mask mandate and a limit to business openings around 4800 new Covid cases were recorded along with around 148 deaths from Covid.
Yesterday there were around 6800 new cases and around 160 deaths from Covid.
This when viewed in the light of new much more dangerous strains being recorded prove he is a straight up moron.
He's trying to deflect from the disaster that he and his donor buddies caused with the failure of the power grid.

I've been tracking daily Covid numbers for my county, three other counties where family live/work, and nationwide since 3/14/2020. Watch the Texas and Mississippi numbers 6 weeks from today. Last year I saw spikes in my tracking numbers in that 6 week time period after major holidays, starting with Memorial Day 2020.

Due to the vaccine, though, it may be different this year. Time will tell.

To many wanna be Drs here in Tn think its a joke, They wont wear masks and ridicule any body who does , see it any time I go into a store, the doors have signs that say masks are required but nobody will enforce it as they might lose a sale.

To many wanna be Drs here in Tn think its a joke, They wont wear masks and ridicule any body who does , see it any time I go into a store, the doors have signs that say masks are required but nobody will enforce it as they might lose a sale.
I won't be voting for Lee again. I feel he dropped the ball big time. Only reason we didn't see it worse is because we have one of the biggest healthcare systems in the nation and even then we just about tipped the scale 2-3 months back. Then he stockpiled vaccines instead of getting them immediately into people. Very sad. I'm not gonna rant though lol

This past year has really demonstrated the depth of denial that people can achieve. Many just can’t accept the possible long term shift in how we need to live so just bury their heads in the sand. I know very intelligent people who can’t use common sense when it comes to this. For the OP sure it could be a beginning, the question is beginning of what? Let’s hope it doesn’t cause things to spiral out of control.

Just remember.. because someone says it’s safe or you don’t need to wear a mask. doesn’t mean they have the right intentions... I’m not gonna get into politics or anything bc the whole time this has gone on I’ve though about two things, 1)my family and 2) what can I contribute. But my commanding officer said it perfect the other day (old college football player) “ it’s the 4th quarter and we still need to play some defense” dude is badass and spot on! But keep your family in mind, even though someone says you don’t need to do something will it hurt Just to be a kettle extra safe?

Let me share my personal experience relating to my work. My Brother and I own a Youth League Sports Photography Company, in business since 1993 here in Ga. 2020 started out in Jan and Feb on track to be our best year ever, which really says something as there are a lot more competitors than there were in 1993. We did our last Photo Shoots the week of March 7, 2020. Right after that, everything shut down for us and everyone else for 4 months. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay in business long enough to restart in late July. Beginning with our first Shoot in late July until now, we have been steady, but much less sales than before. Leagues have had less participants due to Covid fears, etc. We require all of our Staff to wear masks at all times when on duty, we have sanitizer at all stations, etc. Doing all we can to maintain a safe environment for our Staff and the Parents and children. The 1 thing that I do not understand after all everyone has been through, is that hardly any Parent or Child has been wearing masks at any of our events! These Photo Shoots we do are similar to School events and require masks and simple safety guidelines. We work in all areas of Ga, SC, and Tn. And it's the same all over. I'm amazed at this lack of caring on the Parent's part. Very few Churches we do make them wear the masks, but the Rec Leagues do not. My Staff is very concerned for their safety because of this, as my Brother and I are. Luckily we have not had one member of our Staff get Covid since we reopened last July, but that's a minor blessing. It's not terribly complicated or difficult to wear the masks, so I don't know why there's such a defiance to it. It's not like you have to spend an hour putting on a Hazmat suit to go outside. Whenever I'm in a store and I see someone without a mask, I'm thinking to myself, "Why does that person want to hurt my Family". I've never seen such defiance about safety in my almost 60 years of living. Sorry for the long rant, I just felt the need to share this.

Just remember.. because someone says it’s safe or you don’t need to wear a mask. doesn’t mean they have the right intentions... I’m not gonna get into politics or anything bc the whole time this has gone on I’ve though about two things, 1)my family and 2) what can I contribute. But my commanding officer said it perfect the other day (old college football player) “ it’s the 4th quarter and we still need to play some defense” dude is badass and spot on! But keep your family in mind, even though someone says you don’t need to do something will it hurt Just to be a kettle extra safe?
good anology on the 4th quarter. not picking a fight and not gonna fight see below. i changed two words and that is how some feel on the the other end and I respect their opinion and expect the same in return.. thru all of this i and others have seen misinformation both ways from lots of experts.
"Just remember.. because someone says it "isn't" safe or you "do" need to wear a mask. doesn’t mean they have the right intentions"

Reactions: PPG1
Florida has been pretty much wide open since the beginning & our numbers are going down now with the vaccine being readily available to all seniors & now to those first responders & school personnel over 50. In my county we only had 15 new cases yesterday, & no new deaths. So I guess it depends on where you live, and how much vaccine is being distributed.
Al

good anology on the 4th quarter. not picking a fight and not gonna fight see below. i changed two words and that is how some feel on the the other end and I respect their opinion and expect the same in return.. thru all of this i and others have seen misinformation both ways from lots of experts.
"Just remember.. because someone says it "isn't" safe or you "do" need to wear a mask. doesn’t mean they have the right intentions"

Well said! I agree just can’t wait till we aren’t mandated to wear them here. Everyone is gonna have to see my ugly mug again haha

Reactions: PPG1 and phathead69
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky