Tequila Lime Garlic Shrimp, Andouille Sausage and Firecracker Corn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Tequila Lime Garlic Shrimp, Andouille Sausage and Firecracker Corn!

20210621_180140.jpg

Corn on the cob seasoned and wrapped with ba on with thin sliced Jalapeños between the bacon and corn.

EZ Peel shrimp that's been deveined with shells still on to hold the marinade of tequila, kosher st, fresh cracked black pepper, chiplote pepper, lime juice, cumin and olive oil.

Andouille Sausage was grilled most of the way through then sliced and put on the skewers to be finished with the shrimp.

TLG shrimp is my all time favorite! And who doesn’t like andouille. Nice job. Maybe a little more grill marks, still would never turn it down.

Reactions: kilo charlie
3 rafts? Eating alone? I could wipe it out.

Wife doesn't approve of Tequila. Says I get too randy... Plus she doesn't like alcohol taste in food.
I did a batch of shrimp a few weeks ago with citrus, garlic , and ginger. Ginger is a must for Wifey and me.

I did 3 cobs last night Elote style. I use a lot of Sriracha in the mayo.

What is your firecracker corn recipe?

It all looks good but I'm intrigued by the Corn!...JJ

3 rafts? Eating alone? I could wipe it out.

Wife doesn't approve of Tequila. Says I get too randy... Plus she doesn't like alcohol taste in food.
I did a batch of shrimp a few weeks ago with citrus, garlic , and ginger. Ginger is a must for Wifey and me.

I did 3 cobs last night Elote style. I use a lot of Sriracha in the mayo.

What is your firecracker corn recipe?
There's not enough Tequila in this recipe to get you wound up! Haha I used a small shooter bottle that was 50ml or about 4 Tablespoons plus olive oil, lime juice, cumin, Chipotle powder, salt and pepper and let them sit 4 hours before grilling. I left the shells on to help hold the marinade again the meat of the shrimp. All the flavors combined balance each other out so you don't taste a lot of the Tequila at all.

I've not tried ginger on shrimp yet but that's a good idea!

I don't use Sriracha in my Elote Sauce but that sounds like a great fusion!

The corn was salt and Peppered, wrapped in bacon with thin sliced Jalapeños under the bacon then black pepper on the bacon as well and a toothpick through the bacon on each end to hold it in place while grilling.

Reactions: Fueling Around
It all looks good but I'm intrigued by the Corn!...JJ
The corn was salt and peppered, wrapped in bacon with thin sliced Jalapeños under the bacon then black pepper on the bacon as well and a toothpick through the bacon on each end to hold it in place while grilling.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Looks great Charlie !
I do eat seafood and can also eat a plate for those that don't LOL

Thank you!

It's amazing how many people don't eat seafood.. obviously some cannot because of allergies but I've heard all sorts of excuses what people won't even try it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky