LCB Twice Smoked Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Low Country Boil Twice Smoked Potatoes

The most basic Low Country Boil is Potatoes, Corn, Shrimp and Sausage ... so why not change things up a bit?

20230718_181557.jpg

I started off by firing up the Pit Boss KC Combo to 400F and then grabbed a couple large Russet Potatoes. After washing them off, they were rubbed with a bit of Olive Oil and Kosher salt and went for about 1 hour in the smoker.

Meanwhile, I mixed up two batches of "Cajun" Seasoning that includes Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, dried Parsley, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper and granulated Garlic.

20230718_165830.jpg

The first, and larger batch in the photo above was mixed with a stick of unsalted room temperature butter. The second smaller batch was mixed with a cup of sour cream.

20230718_170126.jpg

After that, I sliced up some Chicken Andouille Sausage and added that to a foil covered 1/4 sheet pan. I added 1/2 cup of canned corn and a dozen shrimp. Small amounts of the seasoned butter were added to the top.

20230718_172648.jpg

With the Potatoes on their last 15 minutes, the sheet pan was added to the smoker.

20230718_174120.jpg

Once done, everything is pulled off together and the shrimp, sausage and corn rest while the potatoes are transformed. This step happens fast and no photos were taken.

The tops of the potatoes were sliced off and the insides scooped out into a bowl, leaving about 1/4 around the edges.

To the potato bowl I added a few spoonfuls of the seasoned sour cream and made mashed potatoes. To that, I chopped up a few slices of the sausage, a few chopped up shrimp, a few spoonfuls of the corn and some shredded Colby Jack cheese. That was all mixed together and then spooned back into the potato shells.

The potatoes were then put in a sheet pan and back into the smoker for another 10 to 15 minutes until its all heated through and the cheese has melted.

20230718_180921.jpg

A close up as they're finished!

20230718_180927.jpg

A bit of fresh Parsley to top it off and it's time to eat!

20230718_181557.jpg

Plated

20230718_181739.jpg

Thank you in advance for looking!

I certainly have some learning to do. I had no idea what a LCB is…so I looked it up. I’m still confused. Can someone please give me a general idea? It seems to have lots of varied definitions.

Reactions: kilo charlie
Low Country Boil. This is a seafood boil that was made famous in the South Carolina low country. Here is a thread of one the OP did.

Here is a version of one I did.

Fred

Iowa stuffed smoked baked potato
Looking for ideas to serve smoked potatoes at the South Florida gathering in December.
Hmm?

Definitely a version people would be pleased with! Better practice a few times before the big gathering! Haha

• Love
Reactions: Fueling Around
I certainly have some learning to do. I had no idea what a LCB is…so I looked it up. I’m still confused. Can someone please give me a general idea? It seems to have lots of varied definitions.

Low Country Boil. This is a seafood boil that was made famous in the South Carolina low country. Here is a thread of one the OP did.

Here is a version of one I did.

Fred

Looks like Fred already answered the question about the LCB.

Thanks
I won't go in blind with a recipe and that crowd. They're a great group.
My loaded breakfast sausage was a hit with some and meh to many. I'm too low sodium for many taste profiles.

There's a ton of flavor in this recipe and I don't think people will miss the salt, but it will need a bit to balance things out. Let me know how it goes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky